The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Ha ace, the whole thing sounds like a proper good day. Gutted i missed out on those cheapo tickets.

I have to make sure i at least get to Damnation this year, not been listening to too much metal this past year but Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse and St Vitus will be great fun. Really interested in seeing the original Raging Speedhorn line-up too, see how they sound these days.

• Paid Members

yeh, really wanna go see Raging Speedhorn again. They are only playing stuff off the first two albums on these new shows so it should be pretty cool, i don't think it's the original lineup though, it's definitely like 3-4 of the original lineup though (including the two vocalists).

Saw Download Highlights last night, Alterbridge's set looked horrific, Mile's voice sounded shot to shit :/

Having said that all the festival stuff on TV this year the sound has been atrocious with the vocalists being drowned out by the bands. Is there a reason for this in particular?

I agree patiirc, he sounded like he was struggling with Cry Of Achilles, maybe he has been overdoing it a bit on the road.....I've got tickets for Slash at the Hydro in Decemeber so hopefully he will be better there...

Thought A7X were fantastic...LOVE Hail To The King and it was a superb version....their stage set looks excellent too....

• Paid Members
Saw Download Highlights last night, Alterbridge's set looked horrific, Mile's voice sounded shot to shit :/

Having said that all the festival stuff on TV this year the sound has been atrocious with the vocalists being drowned out by the bands. Is there a reason for this in particular?

ive always said Myles is shit live, he sings in a completely different key to as he does on record.

i aint seen the Download footage but its probably a problem with the tv mix, it probably sounded great on the day.

Bloodstock streamed the whole main stage last year and the sound quality was abysmal, was actually looking forward to watching shit back but they sound mix was just terrible, it didnt sound like that on the day.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

5 songs from The Haunted's new album have popped up on Spotify, one or two were available before but go check em out...

and who's off to Bloodstock this weekend? Weather-wise it looks like we're getting a mixed bag which is a bit shit considering how nice it's been the past few weeks.

Chest/Merz, drummer for Sabbath these days is Tommy Clufetos. He's played in Ozzy's band for a few years now and he used to be Rob Zombie's touring drummer also. He doesn't do anything earth shattering, but he's a very solid hand.

As we discussed in the gigs thread, heading down to Bloodstock this weekend. Taking the car to a festival for the first time. Feel massively under prepared in terms of getting stuff ready ,for some reason.

Following a conversation me and my mate were having about a EuroVision style contest for metal, I was challenged with making a MetalVision Song Contest playlist. You have no idea how hard it was to find an mp3 for a metal band from Armenia. Could only find 2 bands listed for San Marino, and one of those had split up.

Shame the weather forecast looks less than great

Only just noticed that Orange Goblin have been added to Damnation. They've got a massive set of acts this year

Edited by WyattSheepMask

Bloodstock should be great this weekend, will be my 3rd year so can't wait! Easily the nicest festival out there in terms of peopel and atmosphere. Line-up is huge as is the signing tent line up. Cristina Scabbia and Floor Jansen.. OH YES! Meeting half of Pantera will be all kinds of awesome also!

Gutted that Emperor aren't doing a signing, but it's probably best as the line would have been massive

Yeah, the line for Slayer last year was huge! Was worth the wait though. The line for Down should be pretty huge also i think. but 2 of the 3 surviving members of Pantera is a welcome surprise this year. The signing tent crew generally deliver every year. Nice bunch of people too.

Do we think that this might be the year that Vinnie and Phil appear together at some point? They've been on the bill together at other festivals and it's not happened, but you would hope that in the 10th anniversary year of Dime's death they could finally bury the hatchet

Edited by WyattSheepMask