The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

Yeah I was pleasantly suprised by them at Damnation. Could have just been coming for a payday, but they absolutely slayed it.

There's a lot of whining going on over at the Bloodstock forum regarding the lineup. I think it's a great mix of bands again this year with some big names again

Edited by WyattSheepMask

A police spokesman said both brothers were hurt when the fight started indoors then moved into the property's front yard, but that neither suffered any life-threatening injuries. Both men were intoxicated.

Another police spokesman stated that no charges have been filed as yet, and developments would depend upon the cooperation of both parties going forward.

• Paid Members

There's a lot of whining going on over at the Bloodstock forum regarding the lineup. I think it's a great mix of bands again this year with some big names again

The Bloodstock forum is a miserable place, lot of moaners on there. The lineup this year is excellent, i think it caters for all facets of the hardcore metal community, it perhaps has moved away from the power metal/folk metal stuff, there's still touches of it but that's cool with me :)

Back from Hammerfest/HRH United.. What a weekend! Stand outs for me had to be October File, Orange Goblin, Raging Speedhorn, Evil Scarecrow, Hardcore Superstar, and Angel Witch. Honorable mention to Hang the Bastard. Ended up having a natter with Orange Goblin after their set. Nice guys. Got the setlist signed by all too, which was a nice bonus.

• Paid Members

anyone heard We Are Harlot? It's the band featuring Danny Worsnop from Asking Alexandria. Being from one of the most polarising bands in rock music i guess the band splits opinion before anyone ever even hears a note...and whilst i don't even think i've heard an Asking Alexandria song, i've always followed them through music press and what-not and have always had them down as a bunch of pretenders who seemed desperate to portray themselves as some kind of 80's rock hellraisers.

Having said that, i'm a fairly open minded kind of guy so I had a listen to the 3 track sampler they stuck on spotify for the upcoming album and it's really fucking good. Worsnop may come off as a bit of a knob but he clearly has a great voice and a ear for melody. It's very much 'classic rock' inspired but doesn't at sound like a band desperately trying to re-create some kind of sound, it has that modern sheen to it. Colour me impressed.

I've only heard bits and bobs of Asking Alexandria but what I have heard isn't my thing. And bits of interviews I'd seen of them did have them living up to their pretend pseudo hellraiser gimmick, "woo, we get pissed a lot, we're soooooo rock n' roll....woo"

Having said that, I do enjoy watching when Warrior put them through his workouts on The Warrior Show pilot-