The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

If they're good enough then yes, i mean A7X aren't a bad band in the slightest but they're really not solid enough to deserve top billing and I'd say they have actually regressed over the past few years. I also agree that it's the same headliners year after year but no-one else is stepping up their game enough to become a giant of the commercial metal world. It feels like the WWE at the moment, there are just no new draws and they're having to rely on people from the past.

Totally unrelated but Lauren from CHVRCHES painted up as a black metal cat is the cutest thing ever.

tumblr_mvmetjS3Aw1svzxmko1_500.png

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members

I'd put Alter Bridge ahead of A7X at the moment. Just done their 2nd arena tour whereas A7X haven't yet sold out their first (only 3 dates too) plus AB's new album was far better received than 'Hail to the King'. They're far better live too. When A7X played in 2011 they certainly didn't seem like the band who could've headlined, unlike Slipknot when they got the push in 2009. Everyone knew Slipknot has the live chops to knock it out of the park.

Alter Bridge felt like a headline act when i seen them a couple of weeks ago. A7X just no. I'm sorry but even BFMV would be ahead of them in my queue for bleeding through new headliners or perhaps even Stone Sour.

What are the individual record sales figures saying? I'm genuinely asking. Record sales are the only true way to measure the size of a band.

What do we reckon to Pearl Jam as one of the potential headliners?

New album has done well and they were 'leaked' as a headliner for 13 which turned out to be an error. But I wouldn't think they were beyond the realms of possibility

They are as good a shout as any for bands who have never played there, though they may be a little more 'Readingy' than Download suitable,

• Paid Members
Alter Bridge felt like a headline act when i seen them a couple of weeks ago. A7X just no. I'm sorry but even BFMV would be ahead of them in my queue for bleeding through new headliners or perhaps even Stone Sour.

What are the individual record sales figures saying? I'm genuinely asking. Record sales are the only true way to measure the size of a band.

well the A7X album went to number 1 over here, figures though? no idea.

As we predicted

Avenged Sevenfold to headline. The only other name confirmed is Rob Zombie.

Some of the responces have been great

http://media.metalhammer.co.uk/wp-content/.../11/troll-1.jpg

"New blood given a chance...then why not Carcass"...yeah, you know that new band Carcass who put out their debut album 25 years ago

Edited by KingOfMetal

As we predicted

Avenged Sevenfold to headline. The only other name confirmed is Rob Zombie.

Some of the responces have been great

http://media.metalhammer.co.uk/wp-content/.../11/troll-1.jpg

"New blood given a chance...then why not Carcass"...yeah, you know that new band Carcass who put out their debut album 25 years ago

The one about Dying Fetus destroys my faith in humanity.