The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

During an appearance on last night's (Friday, May 18) edition of Eddie Trunk's "Friday Night Rocks" radio show on New York's Q104.3 FM, Slash was asked about Weiland's comments and whether there is any truth to the reports that VELVET REVOLVER was once again working with the STONE TEMPLE PILOTS frontman."I was doing a radio interview [with the 'Half-Assed Morning Show' on the Minneapolis, Minnesota radio station 93X on Monday, May 14] and we just rolled into town," Slash said. "I got out of my [tour bus] bunk and I dropped my guys off and went straight to this radio station. So I'm acclimating to the morning show, which you know the energy levels of those morning guys. I'm trying to get the coffee in my system. And [the radio show host] starts saying something at one point where he goes, 'So Scott Weiland's back in VELVET REVOLVER. And how does that feel?' And I was like, 'Woah! What?' And he goes, 'Yeah, Scott said you guys are writing together and you're gonna be on the road by the end of the year.' And I was just like, 'Am I delirious? What are you saying?'"He continued, "Anyway, then, which was a good thing, he played me a tape of the actual conversation with Scott saying all this stuff. I was like, 'What the f

• Paid Members

I've just got the 20th Anniversary remaster of Vuglar Display of Power. It seems louder and a bit crisper. If you've got the original the new mix, Piss and the live DVD aren't really worth

Tommy Clufetos did indeed drum for Black Sabbath last night, as I expected he would. setlist:Into The Void Under The Sun Snowblind War Pigs Wheels Of Confusion Electric Funeral Black Sabbath The Wizard Behind The Wall Of Sleep N.I.B. Fairies Wear Boots Tomorrow's Dream Sweet Leaf Symptom Of The Universe Iron Man Dirty Women Children Of The Grave ParanoidI imagine it will be the same for Download

Edited by KingOfMetal

• Paid Members

I've just got the 20th Anniversary remaster of Vuglar Display of Power. It seems louder and a bit crisper. If you've got the original the new mix, Piss and the live DVD aren't really worth

• Paid Members

Just got an email from Classic Rock magazine saying the new Slash album was available to pre-order...went onto the site and the bastard is sold out!! There was a link to Amazon so followed it, but they want 40 quid for it! Is there a chance it will be back in stock, or are they really that limited? I got the last one and like the concept of a Fanpack with collectable magazine, poster etc....

Just got an email from Classic Rock magazine saying the new Slash album was available to pre-order...went onto the site and the bastard is sold out!! There was a link to Amazon so followed it, but they want 40 quid for it! Is there a chance it will be back in stock, or are they really that limited? I got the last one and like the concept of a Fanpack with collectable magazine, poster etc....

They're just out of stock on amazon so that's a marketplace price. Play.com have it stock for

Edited by Harvey Dent

• Paid Members

Tesco have it on sale

• 3 weeks later...

Christ that was awful, was that a primary school kid playing recorder in the background of that? To be fair Black metal is a genre I never could get the appeal of, musically it can be quite nice, but then it's normally ruined by someone screeching like they've got their knackers caught in a mangle. The closest I can get to Black Metal will still be Venom, King Diamond and Impaled Northern Moonforest.