The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

The main issues with the night, and this was the general concensus, not just my opinion, were:

* Doors opened at 7:00, band not on till 8:20. No support act, and a sound check that lasted a couple of minutes. Quite as to why the band didnt come on eariler is unknown.

* Very little crowd interaction, seemingly just wanting to plow through the set.

* Eric Adams - "Thank you Leeds. We have been Manowar, and we...will....return". Quite as to 'when', no-one knows, and as we discussed last week, depends on the financial success of this of tour. Personally, I would be suprised if they do come back

Exact same in Glasgow except it was closer to 9 before they hit the stage!

Was a bit pissed they didn't play 'Blood of My Enemies'!

Not impressed!

If your talking about Sabbath than I have to throw a good word to a young band known as Freedom Hawk, these guys are just brilliant and their vocalist is somewhat of an improved version of Ozzy. If your up for some top quality stoner/doom you should really check these guys last album which is freaking great.

Give these tunes a try:

Indian Summer

Edited by steve rayson

I think its going to a reunion tour rather a new album. There was talk of a new album when they first reunited in the late 90's, which, bar a new track on the 'Reunion' live album, never materialised

A journalist printed a story that it'd be a new album, and iommi slated him for repeated comments made in private. Brian may's also said that it'll be a new album, and he's apparantly quite tight with iommi. Tour's pretty much guaranteed, new album looks quite likely as well.

Megadeth's new album is a bit on the average side, isn't it? After "Endgame" I really had high hopes, but it's just a bit meh.

Eveyrthing about Megadeth in the last 7 years is "a bit meh", the last release that was acatully worth getting a hold of was Rude Awakening

Alice Cooper is revealed as the first headliner for Bloodstock! Come and get your tickets inside.

There will be blood, baby! God of Shock Alice Cooper will be bringing the Nightmares to Bloodstock in 2012!

Alice joins Anvil, Watain, Paradise Lost, Dimmu Borgir, Hatebreed, Corrosion Of Conformity, Orange Goblin and Anaal Nathrakh at next year

• Paid Members
Fuck, Alice Cooper, Orange Goblin & COC? I actually want to go to Bloodstock. I do fear all the tr00metal types there would do my head, can anyone convince me otherwise?

Go!

The crowd at Bloodstock is great, i spend half of my day there observing the weird and wonderful characters on show. Super friendly atmosphere though, i highly recommend!