The Metal/Punk/Rock Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
anyone heard Times of Grace yet?

ive heard the track that came on the free cd that came with Metal Hammer, it was pretty good but as expected. If anyone preffered Jesse Leech singing for Killswitch Engage you're probably gonna love it, but i was expecting something a little different.

I'll still get the album when i can.

Wasn't he the guy from Glassjaw? They were all right likes. But KSE I never got at all, metalcore-meh, mind you I'm biased.

who was the guy from Glassjaw? Jesse Leech is the original singer of Killswitch Engage...Times of Grace is him re-teaming with Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz.

anyone heard Times of Grace yet?

ive heard the track that came on the free cd that came with Metal Hammer, it was pretty good but as expected. If anyone preffered Jesse Leech singing for Killswitch Engage you're probably gonna love it, but i was expecting something a little different.

I'll still get the album when i can.

Wasn't he the guy from Glassjaw? They were all right likes. But KSE I never got at all, metalcore-meh, mind you I'm biased.

who was the guy from Glassjaw? Jesse Leech is the original singer of Killswitch Engage...Times of Grace is him re-teaming with Killswitch Engage guitarist Adam Dutkiewicz.

Hmm I thought that Jesse Leech was in Glassjaw, no matter. I'm much more interested in a Vision of disorder reunion it'll never happen again

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

a new track by The Haunted is available on the bands Facebook page...

massive change in direction, the band definately go in more creative directions with Dolving singing, whether it's for the best is debatable, they are still bringing out some great music, but i was a massive fan of the heads down thrash-melodic death of the first few albums. This track has a massive Tool-esque sound to it.

• Paid Members

was anyone here a fan of Stampin' Ground? well regardless, the singer and bassist's new band, Romeo Must Die's debut's album is being given away free with this month's Metal Hammer magazine :) get it.

I only heard bit of Stampin' Ground here and there, but what I heard wasnt bad.

Got hold of my copy of the new Cavalera Conspiracy album 'Blunt Force Trauma' in the post today. You know what your getting with them. Hardly ground breaking, but if you want something loud, fast and brutal, it does the job. Roger Miret (Agnostic Front) guests on the song 'Lynch Mob'. The version I've got is the deluxe edition with the bonus tracks, which includes a cover of Black Sabbath's 'Electric Funeral'. Sadly, their cover of Black Flag's 'Six Pack' isn't included, I think its only on the US version, but I'm sure it can be found on a torrent once its released properly

• Paid Members

KingofMetal, you well and truly missed out by not seeing Stampin' Ground live...brilliant live band, i saw them probably 10 times over the space of around 6 years, never failed to disappoint. Their recorded output got better the longer their career went on IMO (many would argue the earlier stuff was better), but they definately embraced a more metal sound towards the end of their run. The albums are real cheap if you shop on amazon market place i recommend.

I'm gonna get the Cavalera Conspiracy album too, liked the last one and Soulfly's recent output has been great...i love Max's more direct approach these days, i think he churns out songs in 10mins, but it makes for better albums.

romeo must die album free with metal hammer was awesome!! didn't even know they where doing a new album. i ve had their defined by enemies album and was waiting for something new.

i've missed romeo must die play here in reading twice. 1st time it was cancelled because they where on the haunted tour but they(the haunted) cancelled it to play with slayer and then I missed them play on thursday play with sylosis as my manager couldn't find anyone to work my hours