UKFF Member Awards 2009

neil

• Paid Members
Cheers, Deaq-head.

:laugh: So you brought 1 of those " I'm a Deaq head " T-shirts i used to sell when i wrestled in 2001. Have a pat on the back.

Edited by Deaq

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be expecting a high ranking in the "most knowledgeable MMA poster" poll.

You don't finish a close 2nd in the MMA Playground tourney and make Supremo repeat himself 176 times in an amusing Brock Lesnar "debate" without some subject savvy.

Make it happen lads.

• Paid Members
make Supremo repeat himself 176 times in an amusing Brock Lesnar "debate"

Why are you bringing that up as if it portrays you in some type of favourable light? It doesn't at all. I kept hitting you with cold hard facts that proved you were talking absolute shit, you kept ignoring my points because the only logical comeback was to admit you didn't have a fucking clue about what you were attempting to argue, and so accordingly I was forced to keep repeating myself.

Yeah, well done there. Good work.

• Paid Members
Why are you bringing that up as if it portrays you in some type of favourable light? It doesn't at all. I kept hitting you with cold hard facts that proved you were talking absolute shit, you kept ignoring my points because the only logical comeback was to admit you didn't have a fucking clue about what you were attempting to argue, and so accordingly I was forced to keep repeating myself.

You could have just not said anything, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you didn't "win", well not to any one beside you any way.

By your own admission above you were getting no where, and yet you persisted to go on and on :duh: .

• Paid Members

You could have just not said anything, it wouldn't be the end of the world if you didn't "win", well not to any one beside you any way.

By your own admission above you were getting no where, and yet you persisted to go on and on :duh: .

Actually, I did give up once it became apparent it was futile. I tried to discuss the issue as best as I could, but once it became obvious that he was never going to address anything with any actual substance, I decided it simply wasn't worth it any more. I really couldn't give a shit about, "winning," though, whatever that means. I simply discuss the topics at hand, like you're supposed to do on a discussion forum, in the hope of reaching a natural conclusion. It's not my fault if that conclusion is never reached because someone else prefers to dance around the issue, ducking and diving whenever they're faced with something that challenges or disproves their viewpoint. And I'm baffled as to how trying to steer things back on track can be seen as anything but a positive.

• Paid Members

Actually, I did give up once it became apparent it was futile. I tried to discuss the issue as best as I could, but once it became obvious that he was never going to address anything with any actual substance, I decided it simply wasn't worth it any more. I really couldn't give a shit about, "winning," though, whatever that means. I simply discuss the topics at hand, like you're supposed to do on a discussion forum, in the hope of reaching a natural conclusion. It's not my fault if that conclusion is never reached because someone else prefers to dance around the issue, ducking and diving whenever they're faced with something that challenges or disproves their viewpoint. And I'm baffled as to how trying to steer things back on track can be seen as anything but a positive.

Perhaps its how you do it?

Like how some people do that "reaching a natural conclusion" bit you speak of by keep going until every one agrees with them (or pretends to at least), because if they didn't they must be stupid. Arrogant I know but some people get a right kick from being some one on a forum.

The fact that you still haven't realised that I wasn't actually debating with you at all is laughable. Much like you in general.

I never took that debate seriously after I realised it was much more fun to watch you type up mini-novels in an attempt to make yourself look like you were right.

Anyone with a shred of sense would have realised what was happening and walked away much earlier. But not you.

You were clouded by trying to live up to your silly little moniker of "best poster", and by trying to make me see that you were "right" you kept on and on, making yourself look like a total tit in the process.

Your a joke, mate. You've even managed to accomplish becoming a joke in your little on-line world as well now, and have been shown up by forum members other than myself in the past few months.

• Paid Members

Like how some people do that "reaching a natural conclusion" bit you speak of by keep going until every one agrees with them (or pretends to at least), because if they didn't they must be stupid. Arrogant I know but some people get a right kick from being some one on a forum.

I couldn't give a shit about being a, "someone," on a forum. It's a discussion forum, and as such I use it to discuss. Everything else is hogwash. If people like my posts then that's great, but if they don't then I'm not exactly going to lose sleep over it. If you enjoy my delivery, awesome, and if you don't then feel free to skip my contributions entirely. That's what I do if I don't enjoy someone's posts. And I don't "go until everyone agrees with me" because I don't care whether people agree with me or not. In fact, it's much better when people don't agree with me, since that's the very basis of discussion and you can then engage in a debate and therefore further elaborate. Here's the deal; I go until the area of discussion has been discussed. If I think you're wrong I'll explain why, and I'd love for the same thing to happen to me. It's not my fault if I'm more confident in my opinions than others might be, and it's not my fault if I'm better at backing up my opinion than others are either. The last thing I'd want is for someone to, "pretend," to agree with me. By all means, if you think I'm wrong then explain how and why. Grow a set of balls and provide evidence as to why you're right. It's not exactly hard. It's your opinion after all, so you must have based it on something.

The fact that you still haven't realised that I wasn't actually debating with you at all is laughable. Much like you in general.

I never took that debate seriously after I realised it was much more fun to watch you type up mini-novels in an attempt to make yourself look like you were right.

Anyone with a shred of sense would have realised what was happening and walked away much earlier. But not you.

You were clouded by trying to live up to your silly little moniker of "best poster", and by trying to make me see that you were "right" you kept on and on, making yourself look like a total tit in the process.

Your a joke, mate. You've even managed to accomplish becoming a joke in your little on-line world as well now, and have been shown up by forum members other than myself in the past few months.

I don't know how using the forum as it was intended to be used is any worse than admitting to being a troll. That's why this forum's a massive pile of shit these days. There's less and less of the former and more and more of the latter.

Forgive me though, but for someone who wasn't debating seriously, you were putting a fucking awful lot of effort in, until you came unstuck, anyway.

Edited by Supremo

• Paid Members

I couldn't give a shit about being a, "someone," on a forum. It's a discussion forum, and as such I use it to discuss. Everything else is hogwash. If people like my posts then that's great, but if they don't then I'm not exactly going to lose sleep over it. If you enjoy my delivery, awesome, and if you don't then feel free to skip my contributions entirely. That's what I do if I don't enjoy someone's posts. And I don't "go until everyone agrees with me" because I don't care whether people agree with me or not. In fact, it's much better when people don't agree with me, since that's the very basis of discussion and you can then engage in a debate and therefore further elaborate. Here's the deal; I go until the area of discussion has been discussed. If I think you're wrong I'll explain why, and I'd love for the same thing to happen to me. It's not my fault if I'm more confident in my opinions than others might be, and it's not my fault if I'm better at backing up my opinion than others are either. The last thing I'd want is for someone to, "pretend," to agree with me. By all means, if you think I'm wrong then explain how and why. Grow a set of balls and provide evidence as to why you're right. It's not exactly hard. It's your opinion after all, so you must have based it on something.

I never said you did, but the rest of what you said may suggest other wise to some..

Edited by Tommy!

Personally I see people who have to write that much to "prove their point" as fairly desperate; somewhat clinging onto every last drop of information to try and bleed it dry and show that they are "right."

Some people on here are fully capable of being articulate enough to make a point without going on .. and on .. and on .. which to me isn't "backing up" an opinion, it's just rambling with an aim to put the other person to sleep so you win.

• Paid Members
Forums would be really crap if people just stated their opinion and then nobody ever replied directly to it.

Ohh god yeah, but its how that back and forth bit is approached that is the curx of a good forum in my view.

I don't know how using the forum as it was intended to be used is any worse than admitting to being a troll.

When it comes to you, it's more fun laying the groundwork to watch you go into full-on "TL;DR" mode than it is to actually debate with you.

Check my various other posts in the MMA related threads. I've had quite a few discussions with other members, some of whom are a real pleasure to interact with, such as Ebb and Mikey.

You're just trying too hard Supremo.