DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

Dredd was one of those cool films where all the audience react at the same moments. There's one point near the end where

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

she's falling from the top of the block in super-slo-mo and you get an angle from directly underneath, and all the audience realised at the same time that you were about to see her face impact at full speed with the concrete floor, from the perspective of the floor, and everyone went "oooh" in anticipation.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Also, a middle-aged couple left about 1/3 of the way in, and as they went out the door there was a round of sniggers from the rest of the audience, who all instinctively knew the missus had thrown her toys out of the pram about the violence and demanded to leave.

Dredd was one of those cool films where all the audience react at the same moments. There's one point near the end where

she's falling from the top of the block in super-slo-mo and you get an angle from directly underneath, and all the audience realised at the same time that you were about to see her face impact at full speed with the concrete floor, from the perspective of the floor, and everyone went "oooh" in anticipation.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

That is one of the violent moments which surprised me, I didn't expect to see the way it happened as Ma-Ma's face smashes into the floor. The other was Dredd punching the corrupt judge right in the throat.

Film must have a record for deaths from high places. There are five of them.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I thought Dredd looked good but I'm surprised at the acclaim it's getting by most. Dredd is 90% on Rotten Toamtoes, after 30 reviews it was on 100%.

Edited by The Natural

• Paid Members

Just watched Sunset Boulevard for the first time. Possibly the greatest film I've ever seen. Billy Wilder was a genius, and I mean that in the proper way and not in the overused way it's chucked around by idiots these days. Just incredible.

• Paid Members
Why would anyone need to compare and contrast? The original had Stallone in it and is therefore better. Plus he took his helmet off and hilariously trolled lots of fanboys.

It also had Rob Schneider in it; a mark of quality if ever there was one, I'm sure you'd agree.

Derp!

Richie, can you just watch some normal films, or start a "Obscure and Probably Utter Shit Jap Monster Movie" thread? Seriously. Nobody should invest as much of their time into this sort of film as you do.