DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

I've been looking for a copy of Nightbreed on DVD for fucking ages! Anyone know where I can get a (cheap) copy? (I don't use torrents/downloads before anyone suggests that).

It was shown fairly regularly on Bravo years ago from what I remember. Me and my mate watched it at his when I stopped over and I remember being fairly creeped out/scared by it.

I've been looking for a copy of Nightbreed on DVD for fucking ages! Anyone know where I can get a (cheap) copy? (I don't use torrents/downloads before anyone suggests that).

It was shown fairly regularly on Bravo years ago from what I remember. Me and my mate watched it at his when I stopped over and I remember being fairly creeped out/scared by it.

http://www.ioffer.com/i/nightbreed-1990-co...2-min-202955986

• Paid Members

Years ago I went to an exhibition of horror movie props (I think it was in Blackpool. I should still have the flyer for it somewhere, as the address was simply "under the gorilla", which I thought was hillarious) and it had quite a lot of stuff from Nightbreed. Dropped head fat bloke was just a big rubber suit with a hole in the middle where the actor's head would have gone and wasn't that impressive looking in the flesh. As the neck was joined to the front of the chest all the way down, I'm guessing a lack of mobility was the reason it didn't really do much in the movie.

Unless he's in the deleted scenes more.

Worse comes to worse AR - I can do you a copy from my R1 DVD.

You're a goddam saint Edgar! How much you asking for? I don't have a R1 DVD player anymore unfortunately, any chance of getting it on a disc that plays on most DVD Players/X-Box's? I'm technologically retarded, as you can probably tell.

• Paid Members

I watched The Bloody Fists - extremely depressing heroic Chinese vs. villainous Japanese. Worst titles I ever saw - Yuen Woo-Ping was something like Flght Dineptor. Nobody of note in it, except the villain from The Crippled Masters, but it had some neat kung-fun, and... well... basically,

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

everyone died.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

I also accidentally skipped a chapter, and they were 20 mins long, so I wondered how the hero got his sai - at least, checking back, it was logical.

• Paid Members

Description I read isn't the same - there is a cowardly Chinese turncoat who uses a rope dart, and a final battle on the beach with stupid stomping through the waves, but it's definitely a different movie. I'm surprised, really, couldn't imagine Chen Sing being a hero more than once.

• Paid Members

From Wikipedia:-

Mark Miller, a friend of Barker, asked if he could track down the missing 25 minutes of footage that was cut out of the director's cut of Nightbreed.[38] Miller discovered, after talking to a production executive at the studio, that the footage was never actually lost but readily accessible. When asked, a studio executive said that there was not a big enough audience to warrant the studio spending money on a new, extended cut of the film.[39] A VHS copy of Barker's 145 minute version of the film's mid-1989 workprint was recently discovered. It does not feature any of the re-shoots of Decker's murders.[40] An extended 159-minute cut version, from another VHS found in July 2009, was premiered on March 27, 2010 as part of the HorrorHound Weekend in Indianapolis.[41] This new version adds almost a whole hour that was cut from the theatrical release, including a musical and more animation.

I bet that VHS version is worth a fortune now.

You're a goddam saint Edgar! How much you asking for? I don't have a R1 DVD player anymore unfortunately, any chance of getting it on a disc that plays on most DVD Players/X-Box's? I'm technologically retarded, as you can probably tell.

I can burn it onto a regular DVD as I have a conversion program.

From Wikipedia:-

Mark Miller, a friend of Barker, asked if he could track down the missing 25 minutes of footage that was cut out of the director's cut of Nightbreed.[38] Miller discovered, after talking to a production executive at the studio, that the footage was never actually lost but readily accessible. When asked, a studio executive said that there was not a big enough audience to warrant the studio spending money on a new, extended cut of the film.[39] A VHS copy of Barker's 145 minute version of the film's mid-1989 workprint was recently discovered. It does not feature any of the re-shoots of Decker's murders.[40] An extended 159-minute cut version, from another VHS found in July 2009, was premiered on March 27, 2010 as part of the HorrorHound Weekend in Indianapolis.[41] This new version adds almost a whole hour that was cut from the theatrical release, including a musical and more animation.

I bet that VHS version is worth a fortune now.

I want that version so fucking bad right now.