DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

nightbreedgame1.JPG

Came on here to mention this game as well. Cant actually remember if it was any good though.............

Getting back to Robocop - I loved this game when I was younger. I have a really clear memory of the first person shooting the rapist section, where, if you got there with full energy, you could just kill the hostage & then shoot the rapist and the game would still let you continue to the next level.......

There where some terrible film conversions back then - Highlander has already been mention. Big Trouble In Little China was terrible. I seem to recall the Aliens game on the speccy being a total cracker though.

• Paid Members
nightbreedgame1.JPG

Came on here to mention this game as well. Cant actually remember if it was any good though.............

Getting back to Robocop - I loved this game when I was younger. I have a really clear memory of the first person shooting the rapist section, where, if you got there with full energy, you could just kill the hostage & then shoot the rapist and the game would still let you continue to the next level.......

There where some terrible film conversions back then - Highlander has already been mention. Big Trouble In Little China was terrible. I seem to recall the Aliens game on the speccy being a total cracker though.

When my dad took me to the shop to get a new computer I was given the choice of an Amiga or an Atari ST I didnt want the Amiga because it came bundled with Nightbreed and the picture scared the shit out of me. Luckily I was outvoted and we got the Amig. I ended up playing it and there was a level when you had to out run a guy in a graveyard. He'd catch me every time and bite fuck out of my neck :(

I think the Aliens game on the Spectrum was mainly the motion tracker, if thats the one Im thinking of it was great. I cant remember the Big Trouble in Little China one

• Paid Members

I don't remember an Aliens game being made by Ocean. There were two versions (usually referred to as the UK and US versions). One by Activision, which was a primitive first person shooter, and the other which was a mix of levels that involved landing the dropship, walking around the atmosphere processor, and having a punch up with the Queen using the power loader.

• Paid Members

People remember the Aliens arcade game? That game was a blinder, and may be the only game I could go through without losing any health (never got the hang of the absolute end of Double Dragon, with the moving walls).

EDIT - Great UKFF minds, apparently

Edited by Adam Woodyatt

I don't remember an Aliens game being made by Ocean. There were two versions (usually referred to as the UK and US versions). One by Activision, which was a primitive first person shooter, and the other which was a mix of levels that involved landing the dropship, walking around the atmosphere processor, and having a punch up with the Queen using the power loader.ly

Sorry - I was not being clear. I was talking about film adaptions/conversions in general. (For what its worth - its the Activision version I was on about).

I don't remember an Aliens game being made by Ocean. There were two versions (usually referred to as the UK and US versions). One by Activision, which was a primitive first person shooter, and the other which was a mix of levels that involved landing the dropship, walking around the atmosphere processor, and having a punch up with the Queen using the power loader.ly

Sorry - I was not being clear. I was talking about film adaptions/conversions in general. (For what its worth - its the Activision version I was on about).

Off topic, but do you take offence that I choose to believe that your username is Wrestlings Nob, as opposed to Wrestling Snob? I like the idea and the image that wrestling has one collective nob. A bit like Sauron in the Lord Of The Rings films.

saw 50/50 today.

enjoyed it. the leads are both very good especially levitt. its a very emtional story at times and is very funny in places but with the film entirely focused on levitt (who im a big fan of) it focuses on what he is very going through. His relationship with his parents/girlfriend, his friends attempts to help him get through it and trying to open up to his therapist.

im a hell of a big wuss and i was on the brink of tears a couple of times towards the final act. seth rogen is very good as he draws on his own experience as the writer of the movie (will reiser) went through his own cancer experience and rogen is friends with him. also a nice surprise seeing max headroom himself matt frewer as one of levitts friends at the hospital.

id recommend it but bring some tissues

nightbreedgame1.JPG

When my dad took me to the shop to get a new computer I was given the choice of an Amiga or an Atari ST I didnt want the Amiga because it came bundled with Nightbreed and the picture scared the shit out of me. Luckily I was outvoted and we got the Amig. I ended up playing it and there was a level when you had to out run a guy in a graveyard. He'd catch me every time and bite fuck out of my neck :(

NightBreed was impossible!

I remember decker throwing knifes at you in a first person mode where all you had to do was keep circling the mouse to beat that level but once I got to the catacombs I never got past them. What seemed to be a maze of randomness with the flying fish now and again, then once I got to a platform level and didnt make the jumps so fell back down and away I went around the maze again! Never got past that level. And believe me, I tried!

But bringing it back on topic I`m a big fan of the film. Theres currently 2 cuts of the film kicking around. The dvd release and the original Video release that has, I think, about 14 minutes of additional footage (over the dvd release).

Apparently theres like a 2 and a half hour cut of the film thats being stored in a studio vault somewhere that features alot more original stop motion footage and loads of sub plots and character development but theres no money to release it so the studio wont release the negative.

Barker really wants it released but the bigger studios want the remake of hellraiser done but again, as far as I remember they made a terrible sequel just to keep the rights. So Clive wont make a penny from the remake.

Hyperion: I wasn't intentionally looking for a VHS rip but the UK release of Navy Seals is on the MGM classics range which are notorious for having shit transfers and random edited versions on them :thumbsup:
Ah fair do's. I do have it on VHS & DVD and I think its an alright release that one but can't fault you for not wanting to have to fuck about and download it twice cause it was fucked up by MGM.