DVDs and Films You Have Watched Recently #2

The Cum Doctor

• Paid Members
Am I the only one wondering what the point in having over 10 copies of the same film is?

13 to be precise. Well originally it was simply to get the best version. Obviously I wanted a DVD rather than a VHS and then in turn better versions were released on DVD. Now I just like collecting the film. I collect DVDs as it is and this is easily my favourite film. I have no intention of buying a PSP but have the UMD, I figure I'll borrow a mates and watch it one day. From different artwork to different specs they are all different. Plus you can NEVER have enough Transformers The Movie.

Am I the only one wondering what the point in having over 10 copies of the same film is?

Nope!

I won't even buy a directors cut or special edition if I already own the film.

Would rather buy something else than buying something I already own except a few edits, added scenes or special features.

Nope!

Would rather buy something else than buying something I already own except a few edits, added scenes or special features.

Thing is with TF the movie there are several different versions of the film flying about and the edits added scenes etc are exactly what the differences are.

Out of all the DVD's listed at most 3 versions of the movie are the same.. due to cutting widescreen re mastering or whatever..

• Paid Members

I'm a fan of Transformers. They make each one seem like it's different...

I have bought the UMD (I have a PSP and like movies on the go!) as well as a couple of versions of the DVD however I have received a number of copies as gifts.

It's strange but to me it doesn't seem like a big deal, but I view people who buy each and every years game in a series (FIFA, SvR, ProEV) as strange, so it's a similar thing I guess.

• Paid Members

Nope!

what if a directors cut is seen to be the superior film?

not so bad these days anyways, most films come with all versions included on a disk.

Watched Threads over the weekend

Required viewing about a Nuclear attack, bleaker than anything Ive seen on TV/Film for aeons.

Made in 1984 and for BBC originally, some of the effects are well, you'll see, but the actual story line is more like the docudramas you see of today like Vesuvius etc, following the lifes and paths of a couple of people in a bigger picture before the impending doom takes over

Utterly brilliant, will probably be more pertinent to those who were alive when the nuclear threat was 'greater', living not a million miles away from one of the biggest USAF airbases during the whole kit and caboodle didnt help things, vaguely remember us having a nuclear drill at school, not like it would matter :(

Recommend this to every one to watch.

• Paid Members

i saw Threads years ago, horrible movie to watch (not as in bad)...i'd love to have been old enough to remember it when it first aired, caused outrage back in the day.

I actually got reminded of it through this months Empire Magazine, there's a piece in there about the The Day After, which is basically like an American version of Threads (Threads has its own little side piece in the article). I have The Day After on DVD, i bought it years ago in MVC not long after watching Threads...never got around to watching it. The article reminded me of it, and i'll watch it in the next couple of weeks, ill wait until im ready to have a day ruined.

i saw Threads years ago, horrible movie to watch (not as in bad)...i'd love to have been old enough to remember it when it first aired, caused outrage back in the day.

I actually got reminded of it through this months Empire Magazine, there's a piece in there about the The Day After, which is basically like an American version of Threads (Threads has its own little side piece in the article). I have The Day After on DVD, i bought it years ago in MVC not long after watching Threads...never got around to watching it. The article reminded me of it, and i'll watch it in the next couple of weeks, ill wait until im ready to have a day ruined.

Great minds again :p

• Paid Members

watched Little Miss Sunshine again last night, loved it. Such a weird, quirkly, depressing little comedy. Basically a very dysfunctional family travel across America to a beauty pageant. Brilliant ensemble cast, there's not a duff performance in the film. It's a movie that i can watch over and over based on the actors, lots of subtle touches you won't notice on first viewings. If anyones a fan of performances its something you need to see. I can imagine a few people seeing Steve Carell on the cover and expect The 40 Year Old Virgin, it might make people dislike the movie because you wont get what you expect, but i still recommend it.

watched Little Miss Sunshine again last night, loved it. Such a weird, quirkly, depressing little comedy. Basically a very dysfunctional family travel across America to a beauty pageant. Brilliant ensemble cast, there's not a duff performance in the film. It's a movie that i can watch over and over based on the actors, lots of subtle touches you won't notice on first viewings. If anyones a fan of performances its something you need to see. I can imagine a few people seeing Steve Carell on the cover and expect The 40 Year Old Virgin, it might make people dislike the movie because you wont get what you expect, but i still recommend it.

I've loved that movie, a real indie dark comedy flick. I highly recomend it too. On the Steve Carell note, I got dragged to Dispicable Me, in 3D no less, over the weekend. First things first, once again the 3D is contrived, pointless and a cynical box office boost in my eyes. It adds nothing to film whatsoever, but kids eat that shit up and it is a kids film. That said, its a pretty good kids film, that not only delivers to its target audience but brings some entertainment for adults aswell. It's certainly one of the better animated movies I've seen lately anyway, bringing a pretty stellar voice cast from the likes of Carell, Jason Segal, Russell Brand and Will Arnett.

• Paid Members
Come on now, own up, someone on this board must have bought The Human Centipede since it was released last week

I havent seen it myself, but might rent it out of morbid curiosity

Downloaded it months ago. The villain is good but the film kind of plods along. I was a bit dissappointed.