General politics discussion thread

David

I never met a Traveller who was anything other than a scumbag (or at least doing a good impression of one), and that makes me feel guilty to say as I know that it cant be them all, just I have had bad experiences with them. I dont want to view them all based on the impressions given by a few, but its hard sometimes to avoid that feeling.

Not sure what the point of this post is really.

Funny thing there is, ya probably have met lots of travellers who weren't scumbags. Thing is they don't tend to wear t-shirts saying "I'm a pikey me, be ready to judge." Unless you specifically asked if they lived in a caravan, they probably wouldn't tell you.

• Paid Members
I never met a Traveller who was anything other than a scumbag (or at least doing a good impression of one), and that makes me feel guilty to say as I know that it cant be them all, just I have had bad experiences with them. I dont want to view them all based on the impressions given by a few, but its hard sometimes to avoid that feeling.

Not sure what the point of this post is really.

Funny thing there is, ya probably have met lots of travellers who weren't scumbags. Thing is they don't tend to wear t-shirts saying "I'm a pikey me, be ready to judge." Unless you specifically asked if they lived in a caravan, they probably wouldn't tell you.

Yeah maybe I have, maybe its more fair then to say all the ones who I have met and known to be travellers.

Oh, I just remembered that there actually was one. One from when I worked at Pizza Hut, his table tried to do a runner and he came back and paid the bill himself and apologised for the others.

Not that it matters, I fully believe that people should be judged on what they do, not what their background/race/religion/nationality/whatever is.

Oh, I just remembered that there actually was one. One from when I worked at Pizza Hut, his table tried to do a runner and he came back and paid the bill himself and apologised for the others.

Not that it matters, I fully believe that people should be judged on what they do, not what their background/race/religion/nationality/whatever is.

Entirely agreed.

The pizza hut thing kinda makes the point as well, how many times did you serve a table who may well have been made up of travellers but you had no idea that's what they were? Like I said, they don't wear uniforms.

• Paid Members

Entirely agreed.

The pizza hut thing kinda makes the point as well, how many times did you serve a table who may well have been made up of travellers but you had no idea that's what they were? Like I said, they don't wear uniforms.

Believe me, the Doncaster Huts were very quiet, we knew everyone who came in near as dammit. Though we got a surprise when Gabrielle came in. Not a great tipper.

Entirely agreed.

Believe me, the Doncaster Huts were very quiet, we knew everyone who came in near as dammit. Though we got a surprise when Gabrielle came in. Not a great tipper.

Doncaster that was probably my lot then or at least the ones who traveled with them they tend to stick up that end.

• Paid Members
Rather them live in their own little community, than have them move in next door!

:laugh:

Like the blacks, muslims and poles, right?

And the gays, dont forget the gays..

Wow, so you're completely no-selling his exposing your hypocrisy? Good work.

Rather them live in their own little community, than have them move in next door!

:laugh:

Like the blacks, muslims and poles, right?

And the gays, dont forget the gays..

Wow, so you're completely no-selling his exposing your hypocrisy? Good work.

Well, it has been exposed more often than 1PW's latest scam, or Chyna's clit, so it is just water off a bigot's back.

Boo, another delay due to an injunction. The tension is killing me.

I know they did get refused planning permission (cos the scrap metal works they took over was on green belt land, and you can't build on green belt land unless somebody gives you permission to do so) but are you really hoping they get moved on?

They currently live on land they own, and have bought outright, have kids going to the local schools, and are probably getting up to less mischeif where they are than they would be if they got moved on.

You read private eye, you know how often planning permission goalposts are moved to ensure big business gets to keep making big money. Would it not be nice to see, just for once, the rules bent to help people who could really use it?