General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

Oh yeah, I remember when the shop owners of Oxford Street and Leicester Square promised people that they'd vote against this. Not to mention when Prince Charles and Camilla both vowed that they'd use their votes in Parliament to vote against it as well.

I like that when the police block them all in they all 'just want to go home now'. Also lister, it hardly makes it a commodity, they arnt charging a million pounds for the best universities, if I want to stay at the Hilton instead of a hostel, I'm happy to pay the extra.

Edited by Van Dammer

I wish they'd do more to protect useful degrees. Maths, Sciences, Engineering, Business and the rest that produce useful, productive skills. Making Music, Art, Drama students etcetera pay a lot more is fine, I have no problem with that but we desperately need more useful people leaving University.

It would appear that at least one of those pesky student protester-types got what for;

A 20-year-old student underwent a three-hour operation to treat bleeding on the brain last night after being hit on the head by a police truncheon, according to his mother.

Alfie Meadows is said to have fallen unconscious on the way to hospital after being struck as he tried to leave an area outside Westminster Abbey during the tuition fee protests in central London. The incident has been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC).

Meadows was among 43 protesters and six police offices who were taken to hospital for injuries. Another six officers had minor injuries.

Source: The Guardian