General politics discussion thread

David

• Paid Members

I'm not asking you to apologise for your political leanings. If I was going to do that I'd ask Carbomb and Bobbins and whoever to do the same thing. We all are entitled to our political beliefs.

You don't discuss SHIT. You *tell* people how they are wrong, how they are stupid, how their beliefs, politically, are so wrong. And it's annoying. And coming from somebody who "ironically" voted BNP, it's laughable.

You have an agenda. Perhaps you meant to me more discussable about your opinions but you don't come across that way.

You *tell* people how they are wrong, how they are stupid, how their beliefs, politically, are so wrong. And it's annoying.

Well, i'm *telling* you to fuck off, lad. You're acting like a mentalist.

So back on topic.

Hands up who agrees with the cuts, or most of them anyway.

• Paid Members

Pretty narrow minded, there, Steveo.

And, David, like that. Nothing to say. It's true. right?

And keep calling me "lad" and "son" and I will find out where your mother lives and fuck her to death. Fuck you.

Edited by SmokeSoapBar

Pretty narrow minded, there, Steveo.

And, David, like that. Nothing to say. It's true. right?

And keep calling me "lad" and "son" and I will find out where your mother lives and fuck her to death. Fuck you.

Narrow minded? How so?

I'm not asking you to apologise for your political leanings. If I was going to do that I'd ask Carbomb and Bobbins and whoever to do the same thing. We all are entitled to our political beliefs.

You don't discuss SHIT. You *tell* people how they are wrong, how they are stupid, how their beliefs, politically, are so wrong. And it's annoying. And coming from somebody who "ironically" voted BNP, it's laughable.

You have an agenda. Perhaps you meant to me more discussable about your opinions but you don't come across that way.

Seriously lad whatever you have been on tonight lay off it before you suffer a stroke or something.

So going back to the plollytics nature of the thread

Turns out that the economy is growing faster than expected. According to the ONS the economy was up 0.8 % between July and September and 1.2% previously.

The coalition refuse to believe everything is A-OK, they are suprised but glad of the relief, this ties in with the City who are the same. Cautious is still the watch word. Both still are apparently expecting not as good figures.

Alan Johnson in Stephanie Flanders report was continuing his hyperbolic nonsense.. Its now '1 million jobs' that are to be lost according to Mr Johnson. I think he has been watching the Fifth Element again and is painting George Osbourne as Jean-Bapitiste Emmanuel Zorg.

He was also not denying that the recovery would continue and was lambasting them 'if' it was done at a slower pace which is a strange thing to criticise as last week they were happy for any recovery over a 'double dip'

On this BBC report in response to the July-September stats he has said

"We haven't come up against the

Alan Johnson in Stephanie Flanders report was continuing his hyperbolic nonsense.. Its now '1 million jobs' that are to be lost according to Mr Johnson. I think he has been watching the Fifth Element again and is painting George Osbourne as Jean-Bapitiste Emmanuel Zorg.

The 1 million job loss prediction comes from noted Commie bastards PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

As for May being before September, the cuts made in May take time to be implemented and for the effects to be analysed.

I look at the figures of economic growth and can only assume that it's a situation where 1.2% more businesses are opening than are closing. For instance, I look at the shops opposite and along from my workplace and it's getting absolutely desolate. 13 good-sized retail units and seven are empty. One of the six has had a fire and so it's five shops in a parade of 13. Over the bridge, the shops are small and terrible quality but are cheap. Even then, at least a third are empty and new businesses have closed quickly. Meanwhile, in the nearby high street, vacant units are quickly snapped up. I think this economic growth is more fragile and less genuine than it looks. Then again, we're still stuck in a situation where we have no genuine driver for our economy so it's all about consumer confidence and having interest rates so low, there's no point in saving.

Edited by mikey

The 1 million job loss prediction comes from noted Commie bastards PriceWaterhouseCoopers.

The empahisis in their report is on the world COULD and not the word WILL

There report, summarised here or in its original form online ( both state that the job losses, will be replaced and wont likely have a knock on effect on the economy

The PwC report itself states that

Almost half a million private sector jobs could be lost as a result of the upcoming public sector spending cuts and private sector gross output could be reduced by around