The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Moderators
They can just use a rolling pin and draw some stumps on a wall with chalk.

That's how men play the game.

Anyway, our record isn't that bad when it's the occasional Wales vs England one dayers

• Paid Members

^ Indeed. I think at the very least Wales, from the outset, would be on a par with Ireland?

Wouldn't mind seeing a Lumb/Hales/Wright type of player getting a look in ODI's. They've all improved and in the case of Wright he's a lot better player than when he last got in the ODI's. With Bell out of touch and Morgan who has been on a slippery slope for a while they would be the next on the list for me.

And I continue to find it astonishing that Matt Prior hasn't got another look-in in limited overs, spent ages faffing around with Kieswetter and now Buttler who while very exciting and brilliant when he comes off has a pretty terrible record so far in ODI's.

I think Wright has to be worth a go. His form's been excellent, he can bowl and he can play anywhere in the order. I'd like to see him at 3 and move Trott up to open. Our top 3 is way too lacking in invention and power.

As for Prior, he never quite did it in ODIs. It might be different now, though, he really is a marvellous batsman. I think they will probably give him another shot within the year.

Compton has had a few decent knocks against Australia in the last couple of weeks, without really going on to a massive score. Definitely gives us a good option, especially if Root clams up at the top of the order. Still unsure about him opening the batting at such a young age, in his first Ashes series. Maybe going with Bell would have been better, give Root a bit more freedom lower down the batting.

A week to go, can't fucking wait!

• Paid Members

Here we go then, day one of the Ashes.

Australia have sprung a mystery teen spinner on us, but we've chosen to bat first having won the toss so at least we haven't got chasing to worry about.

Here's to runs on the board, hopefully lots of them.

Bring. It. On.

• Paid Members

They announced it days ago. Bloody part-time fans :rolleyes:

Seriously though, I'm much happier with him opening than Compton. Looks like a dry pitch, should be some turn in it and Root might have a job to do with the ball as well.

Edited by Devon Malcolm

• Moderators

Tea.

Big day for Peter Siddle, I think we may be struggling to make 250 this inning, but we always seem to have a poor first test when the Ashes are over here. Agar didn't look too impressive thus far, although we won't get a real look at his true capabilities until the 2nd Innings I think, although there is a bit of turn in the pitch.

• Paid Members

Yeah, it's been a typical start to a series from England. Some terrible shots in there and England would be happy with 300 from here but like you Butch, I think 250 is what they'll get. I reckon Swann could cause chaos on here, though, Australia are shite against spin.

It's not been a disaster, though, we've skirted the fringes of that. Sounded like Root was settling into his role before getting out. Looking forward to the highlights tonight, but 250-300 would be ok.