The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

I think he's actually worked more with batsmen in Pakistan than he has our lot. They could do with his help now as well.

"Stop it, stop it, you're all talking in Urdu".
"I'm talking about t'corridor of uncertainty, not the bloody Khyber Pass."

The bit in TMS the other day was fantastic. They were at Headingley, and talking about a new bit of the ground there with a bunch of hospitality boxes, all named after famous Yorkshire cricketers. I think it was Vaughan who was commentating, and he said there was a room named after him. "Is there one for Geoffrey Boycott" asked the other commentator, and Vaughan allowed that there was, yes."Is that off the Corridor of Uncertainty?"

• Moderators

I'm hoping for some real Anti-KP vitriol from Boycs during the Ashes. It was a real highlight of TMS during the 2009 series.KP hits a six... Boycs: *sigh*. KEEP IT DOWN LAD!KP is caught out... Boycs: My grandmother could have played that better and she's been dead 50 year.

• Paid Members

He loves Pietersen, though. I just don't think he likes showing it. If you watch the highlights of the final test of the 2005 Ashes, I've never heard him praise a batsman so much.

He likes batsmen when they're in good form, he's got no loyalty though when they start playing badly. Which of course he never did.The highlight of the Ashes for me is usually the Australian commentators taking the piss out of his packed lunches.

• Moderators

Is there a sport with better ex-playing pundits/commentators than Cricket? Benaud, The GLY, Simon Hughes, Athers, Nasser Hussain... Even housewives favourite Mark Nicholas is a fine front man for coverage.

Butch, if you missed it, 5Live did a great show called Voices Of Summer

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01snrcx

It's all about vintage cricket commentary and commentators who've passed on. Really great.

I like Vaughan, I think he's got the right sort of soft drawl for it. Still not sure about Tuffers, though, he always sounds like a bee has flown into his mouth.

• Moderators

Wonderful last over from Ravi Bopara there. Really spanked them. 28 scored. I don't see Sri Lanka successfully chasing 293 with our bowling attack.Also, David Warner's been banned from cricket until the 1st Ashes test. So it's not really a ban at all.

• Paid Members

Is there a sport with better ex-playing pundits/commentators than Cricket? Benaud, The GLY, Simon Hughes, Athers, Nasser Hussain... Even housewives favourite Mark Nicholas is a fine front man for coverage.

Cricket has the very best commentators and experts, I think. Richie Benaud is the greatest sports commentator I have ever heard, I really miss him doing the test matches especially and it's wonderful when the Australian test season comes round and you hear bits and pieces of him again.Michael Holding is excellent as well and I really enjoyed Ian Smith during the New Zealand series. I believe he's also a fine rugby union commentator as well.

Cricket has the very best commentators and experts, I think. Richie Benaud is the greatest sports commentator I have ever heard, I really miss him doing the test matches especially and it's wonderful when the Australian test season comes round and you hear bits and pieces of him again.Michael Holding is excellent as well and I really enjoyed Ian Smith during the New Zealand series. I believe he's also a fine rugby union commentator as well.
Have you heard the 12th man series? He's an Aussie called Billy Birmingham who does classic impressions of all the Aussie commentators. Bit lowbrow, but its worth a listen.

Sky Sports 2 to become Sky Sports Ashes for the summer.Coverage includes:

The Investec Ashes: Every session from cricket's most eagerly awaited Test series, beginning with the first Test from Trent Bridge on 10 July.The Women's Ashes: Live coverage of all three Twenty20 internationals between England and Australia from this summer's Women's Ashes series.Other cricket: Live YB40, Friend's Life t20 and England v Pakistan under-19 international, plus archive shows, Cricket Am, Cricket Writers on TV and highlights.