The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Very strange to see such glee about this. I find the whole thing pretty sad.

Are you going to elaborate on this? I don't really see all that much 'glee' around about this whole business.

Are you going to elaborate on this? I don't really see all that much 'glee' around about this whole business.

Great day for cricket. Good riddance. Shame Asif didn't get a harsher sentence. They were the 3 successive posts after the verdict. I just found it very strange, how it conflicted starkly with my own feelings about it. Just different outlooks I guess.

• Paid Members

Great day for cricket. Good riddance. Shame Asif didn't get a harsher sentence. They were the 3 successive posts after the verdict. I just found it very strange, how it conflicted starkly with my own feelings about it. Just different outlooks I guess.

Yeah, I wouldn't call that 'glee' so much. I don't necessarily agree with the latter two sentiments, but it has to be viewed as a good day for cricket in some ways as we now have a criminal sentencing precedent for incidents like this and we have to hope that it will prove to be something of a deterrent.

Of course its a great day for cricket. If they'd have been given a slap on the wrist and a six month ban, then it would have been a terrible day for cricket.

Obviously it also raised the question about how many players are bent bastards and that this is just the tip of the iceberg, but you have to severely punish those who have been caught - especially with the evidence given. In the short term the matter has been dealt with very well, but long term the battle against Asian bookmakers, gangsters and match fixers will be almost impossible to win. This is a start though.

What are your own feelings about it Bobbins?

Edited by Max Power

• Paid Members
If anyone hasn't seen the Australia/South Africa scorecard, please have a little look.

Fucking hell, are they playing on my old school pitch? 22-9 at the moment, what's the lowest test score ever posted?

*edit* - looked it up, 26 by New Zealand against England in 1955.

Edited by Burchill's Buddy