The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

The highlights are on ITV4 at 10, I've already called dibs on the TV for that point so I shall sit down and enjoy the hour.

Also, the Official England Cricket page on Facebook posted a link a few hours ago. They're giving away 100,000 free posters to commemorate the Ashes victory and all you need to do is click on the link and give them your address to send it to. Since I'm such a giving and caring chap, here's the link. :phttp://www.ecb.co.uk/news/england/england-...er,2366,BP.html

What an absolutely fantastic match, well worth getting up for. I thought we would cruise it as long as Morgan stayed in, cos blimey that lad is a bit special, but when him and Yardy went, I thought we had blown it. But top stuff by Woakesy at the death, that six off Tait was quality. Interesting squad selection problem for the one dayers, surely Straussy and Trotty have to come in, but who drops out? Wright seems the obvious one, especially as Collingwood, Trott and KP can make up any excess overs with the ball, but the selectors seem to like him in the limited overs game. I think he's crap, mind. Somebody else will have to go, unless they don't play Trott, which seems very harsh considering his form in both tests and ODI's. And if ever a batsman is suited to opening or coming in at 3 in one dayers, it's him.

But back to today, I'd put that in my top 3 favourite England limited overs finishes, up there with that England win in India in '02 when we looked doomed, and Flintoff turned it on and ending up taking his shirt off after the last wicket, and that one dayer in South Africa in '05 when Kabir Ali bowled a no ball six off the first ball of the last over, then took 3 wickets to finish it in a tie.

Also, the Official England Cricket page on Facebook posted a link a few hours ago. They're giving away 100,000 free posters to commemorate the Ashes victory and all you need to do is click on the link and give them your address to send it to. Since I'm such a giving and caring chap, here's the link. :phttp://www.ecb.co.uk/news/england/england-...er,2366,BP.html

Cheers for that.

• Paid Members

Guys need a bit of help, I'm going into a studio to record some voiceover commentary for a new cricket game with the ICC next Friday, in London. The commentator we were going to use has fallen through and we need someone good at short notice. The main problem of course being that anyone good who we'd like to get (Gower, Hussain, Athers, Bumble, Holding etc) are all in Australia until after the one day series. Can anyone suggest good commentators, preferably a 'name' that might be able to get into London next week? I'm going to try some of the TMS guys but not sure if they are in Australia too. I'm also going to try some recently retired cricketers that kids (it's a game based at 9-12 year olds) would recognize. Possibly Alec Stewart or Mark Butcher or someone in that mould. Suggestions please, I know there are some knowledgeable cricket guys in here :)

Edited by Burchill's Buddy

• Paid Members
Guys need a bit of help, I'm going into a studio to record some voiceover commentary for a new cricket game with the ICC next Friday, in London. The commentator we were going to use has fallen through and we need someone good at short notice. The main problem of course being that anyone good who we'd like to get (Gower, Hussain, Athers, Bumble, Holding etc) are all in Australia until after the one day series. Can anyone suggest good commentators, preferably a 'name' that might be able to get into London next week? I'm going to try some of the TMS guys but not sure if they are in Australia too. I'm also going to try some recently retired cricketers that kids (it's a game based at 9-12 year olds) would recognize. Possibly Alec Stewart or Mark Butcher or someone in that mould. Suggestions please, I know there are some knowledgeable cricket guys in here :)

I imagine Phil Tuffnell is fairly high profile seeing as he does Question of Sport?

• Paid Members
Bob Willis has been in the UK all winter doing summarising, you could get him. Was Phil Tufnell out in Oz with TMS? If not, he would be a good choice too.

Bob Willis is a good shout, as is Tufnell. Does anyone know if Aggers is reporting the one day series on TMS from Oz? With Sky covering it so well I haven't really needed to follow TMS all winter. Love his voice and he'd be great to get.

Michael Vaughan left Australia the other day so he'll be back here until the World Cup.

I know I knocked the matches are the Tests, but the T20's and the first ODI's have been brilliant. Its clear Australia are a far better in this format than thier poor test team. Shane Watson was absolutely awesome again today, that innings deserves to win any game.

Watson smashed the shit out of us in the fist ODI. Really impressive display, I take my hat off. OUr bowling looked distinctly average for a change, though at times economic.

• Paid Members

We missed Broad and Anderson quite badly, we didn't really seem to have much of a wicket taking threat without them. Still, we ran them pretty close and with a bit more luck we would have won. I still think the series will end 3-3 with a tie or rain affected draw somewhere.