The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

I fucking hate Murali. If it wasn't for his dodgy elbows and the pencil pushing ICC, then Warne would be the leading wicket taker of all time.

I sort of agree, I still consider Shane Warne the better bowler, the best I've ever seen. I don't straight up hate Murali, he's got a loveable face, to counteract his dodgy action.

Looking forward to a solid display with the bat today. Nasser just summed it up nicely, the top 3 all played brilliantly last test, KP and Colly got big runs here last time and Ian Bell is in great form so we should be brimming with confidence and post a big score.

• Paid Members

Realy good night. I watched it in and out of sleep and confusingly, the bit I was most awake for was the Highlights of 2006 at lunch. I was a bit confused when I woke up this morning and Collingwood wasn't on 203.

That last hour was tedious, though important for Australia because they at least stopped us making runs. Nice of them to take the new ball and up our run rate right at the end. Their bowling attack looks dire. We look very good. Cook has been great but Pietersen deserves a lot of credit for not trying to force things and getting himself out.

Strauss is a clown. It was a good bal though so if he'd hit it, I think he was plum for a catch. Nice to see Ponting the Weasel looking glum in his silly hat.

• Paid Members

Fan-fucking-tastic! Just watched the highlights, great to see Pietersen get some runs and actually look as though he is playing well too, almost as importantly.

As for Cook, he's actually 371 not out if you think about it. If he gets past 400 I reckon he should get some kind of award or something. Amazing performance, really. Should get to 500 at the very least from here and hopefully we won't balls it up as we did last time here.

Edited by Gladstone Small

• Paid Members

Pity about the rain but we're still in a great position. KP was fucking magnificent once he got the hundred up, he just tore into them. Athough the rain is shite, anything that gets an extra hour of Beefy and Shane Warne just talking about cricket is fine by me. Botham looks like the cat who got the cream at the moment. He's loving it.

Need to declare nice and early tomorrow. I wouldn't even bother batting. Even a mammoth effort from Australia should see us needing to knock another 80 or so on the last day. Over to you, Swanny.

Pity about the rain but we're still in a great position. KP was fucking magnificent once he got the hundred up, he just tore into them. Athough the rain is shite, anything that gets an extra hour of Beefy and Shane Warne just talking about cricket is fine by me. Botham looks like the cat who got the cream at the moment. He's loving it.

Need to declare nice and early tomorrow. I wouldn't even bother batting. Even a mammoth effort from Australia should see us needing to knock another 80 or so on the last day. Over to you, Swanny.

Depends on the weather, I suppose. If there's more rain forcast, I agree, get at them. However, if we've got two more days of sun, I'd probably want to declare 40 mins or so before lunch, just to bugger them about a bit.

Depends on the weather, I suppose. If there's more rain forcast, I agree, get at them. However, if we've got two more days of sun, I'd probably want to declare 40 mins or so before lunch, just to bugger them about a bit.

Or a bat 5 overs and declare at the start of the day. Either is good.

Imperious play from Pietersen, in that mood he's one of the best ever, and one of the most entertaining. Great game upto now, it's great seeing the Aussies in such disarray, we still need to wrap it up though. While the score is 0-0 we haven't won anything. Come on England.

• Paid Members

Shane Warne made a good point this morning on TV. He said tat you only have to give 10 minutes notice that you are declaring so he'd send the batters out to warm up and make it look for all the world like we were batting. Then at 9:50, he'd wander in and announce the declaration. Good idea.

Shane Warne made a good point this morning on TV. He said tat you only have to give 10 minutes notice that you are declaring so he'd send the batters out to warm up and make it look for all the world like we were batting. Then at 9:50, he'd wander in and announce the declaration. Good idea.

I like that a lot!

• Moderators

600 coming up, time to declare now lads.

It's also worth noting that we've hit our 600 in 150 overs! That's a tremendous RR. The Aussies in their 85 only knocked 245.

EDIT: And 2 overs later have notched another 26 runs and a declaration. Prior has played a Twenty/20 innings here and got away with it. I reckon the Aussies have lost all heart now.

Edited by ButchReedMark