The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members

Interesting this morning. When Amir came out to bat, one of the bowlers who clearly was bowling the odd huge no-ball, I don't think the ground announcer announced his name when he came out to bat, neither commentators made any reference to him when he came out to bat and were practically silent when he was on strike. Also, the crowd were shouting "NO BALL!" when he faced his first few deliveries!

It's a terrible thing to happen to the sport, and it shows that no sport is safe from betting scandals. There's suggestions that if the players accused of doing this are found to be guilty, they should be given a life ban. Amir's career could already be over, and he really is just a kid. I mean, I'm only a couple of months older than him.

Both sides just seem to be going through the motions to finish this game off with the Pakistan players not really showing much resistance apart from Umar Akmal. I'm not surprised that some of the wickets have fallen as easily as they have. Players will have other things on their mind. From what I've seen on the live commentary, Lords sounds pretty quiet today with no one really up for celebrating what should be a fantastic victory for England.

• Paid Members

The thing is that Amir is such a brilliant bowler - I think he would get in any team in the world now. If he is guilty of this then I cannot for the life think of why he would do something like this. He would earn loads of money in his career from endorsements and probably the IPL eventually too. It's just ridiculous.

But unfortunately it's not really a surprise either - Pakistan have been mixed up in controversy surrounding their performances far too much in their past and whenever they collapse or produce a dreadful performance, you are always wondering. They have tainted themselves forever, really. That said, I really hope somehow everyone can be proved to be innocent in this - but I really doubt it.

Edited by Gladstone Small

That really was a surreal presentation ceremony, Amir's face was a picture.

Questions now over whether the ODI's will be played. I doubt they will be cancelled, as the ECB would lose an absolute fortune. If worse comes to worse and Pakistan go home, they will probably find a replacement team.

• Paid Members

Questions now over whether the ODI's will be played. I doubt they will be cancelled, as the ECB would lose an absolute fortune. If worse comes to worse and Pakistan go home, they will probably find a replacement team.

I think it will be something they will already be looking in to. I wouldn't be surprised to see India or Sri Lanka come over for the series and maybe for the dates to be slightly rearranged.

The most surreal part of the day was one of Pakistan's backroom staff reading the News Of The World on the team balcony!

I think it will be something they will already be looking in to. I wouldn't be surprised to see India or Sri Lanka come over for the series and maybe for the dates to be slightly rearranged.

The most surreal part of the day was one of Pakistan's backroom staff reading the News Of The World on the team balcony!

Well the whole day was odd. As you said, one of the staff reading the NOTW, the utter silence that engulfed the ground when Amir came out to bat, that ginormous six that Umer Akmal hit and the bizarre presentation.

• Paid Members

http://www.cricinfo.com/england-v-pakistan...html?CMP=chrome

To be honest, as much as an idiot Pietersen is for doing this, I think it is a bad idea to drop him as these matches would be a great way for him to find some international form ahead of the Ashes. Plus, we are preparing for the World Cup - what is the point of leaving him out of some of the last ODIs before that starts?

• Moderators

He needs al the cricket he can get, seeing as he isn't playing any First Class. Is he not even playing any club cricket?

EDIT: Should have read the article first. Signed with Surrey.

Edited by ButchReedMark

If the idea is for him to play the remaining county games then I think it's a great idea. How he played in the World Cup shows he doesn't need to be in great form to do what he does in that, but it's vital for him to get test match style form and spend time in the middle, he won't do this in a T20 already showered in controversy. He can go away, try to get in form ready for the Ashes and the World Cup next year should take care of itself. Personally I can't see why he'd call it a "Fuck up", If i were in his current situation/form and they said play 2 t20's and 5 ODIs against Pakistan or play county games to prepare for the Ashes i wouldn't hesistate on choosing the latter, I know they like playing international cricket etc but he won't be at all if his form doesn't pick up