The Pavel Florin Supporters Club and Cricket Thread

Devon Malcolm

• Paid Members
Not far off.

Prior's jusr got out for 5 too, so has that been updated? Crofty could have been right this morning!! //statto//

To be fair, Croft played in some average England sides, against some unreal opposition. Coupled with the fact that we were taking beating after beating from the Aussies every 18 months its not surprising.

Those Thorpe stats are superb.

Yeah that's a good point actually, the stats were refreshed and up to date the minute I posted so would have taken into account Priors 5. So yes Croft was probably right. How many players have we got currently then averaging more than that then? Cook just gone over 50, Pietersen just under 50, and Belly is up to an average of 47 now too. Trott is up at 57 but until he's played a few more tests I don't think it's fair to compare them.

56/4 START THE CAR!

Excellent, that's had me chuckling. India will need some heavy resistance to try and keep the game alive heading towards this evening. If they take it into Day 5 then that can be considered an achievement in itself really. Once Broad and Anderson finish having their fun I imagine Swann will come in, make one end his own and cause chaos. The ball was doing quite a lot last night, so I'd expect more of the same today.

Fantastic moment. Great team no doubt, though it must be said the opposition is a lot easier now than in 96-06, which makes it hard to compare the team to the 2005 Ashes team for instance or even the teams with Atherton, Thorpe and Hussain leading the batting.

To establish this team as one of the best of all time we're going to have to win on the subcontinent, and to beat South Africa convincingly next summer.

Can't complain though, never thought I'd see England no. 1 in the rankings when I started following cricket ten years ago.

• Paid Members

England's (B) squad to play Ireland next week:-

Eoin Morgan (capt), Jonathan Bairstow, Ravi Bopara, Scott Borthwick, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Craig Kieswetter, Graham Onions, Samit Patel, Ben Stokes, James Taylor, Jonathan Trott, Chris Woakes.

Not sure it's a good idea having Samit Patel next to Onions, but there you go.