The official UKFF Nintendo Wii Thread!

Steve Justice

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive thanks for this info iamstockmonkey. I saw this at just after 4pm, checked what time my local Asda closed, which was 6pm, rang them to see if they had any in stock, and promptly went down to buy me a white one. Awesome, cheers Mate. :D

• 10 months later...
  • Paid Members

Thought I'd dig this out as the best place to post this. The reviews are coming in for the new Zelda game, Skyward Sword, and everyone is going fucking mental for it. I mean, batshit mental. IGN have gone the whole hog and given it a 10, Official Nintendo Magazine have given it 98%- which is their joint highest rating ever given (tied with OOT) but also went on to say, like IGN and other reviewers, that this is the best Zelda game ever.

This is pretty fucking remarkable given the fact that a lot of people consider Ocarina of Time to be the greatest game of all time, and generally these reviewers look at ground-breaking past titles in such a rose-tinted manner, you'd think nobody would ever claim a Zelda game were better than OOT.

Just reading these reviews is getting me all moist for the game. I am probably going to have to wait until Christmas, so in the meantime I'll just have to complete Zelda 1, 2, Links Awakening and OOT all over again on the 3DS. Maybe Twilight Princess on the Wii too, just to really get me in the mood. Four Swords can do one, though.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thought I'd dig this out as the best place to post this. The reviews are coming in for the new Zelda game, Skyward Sword, and everyone is going fucking mental for it. I mean, batshit mental. IGN have gone the whole hog and given it a 10, Official Nintendo Magazine have given it 98%- which is their joint highest rating ever given (tied with OOT) but also went on to say, like IGN and other reviewers, that this is the best Zelda game ever.

This is pretty fucking remarkable given the fact that a lot of people consider Ocarina of Time to be the greatest game of all time, and generally these reviewers look at ground-breaking past titles in such a rose-tinted manner, you'd think nobody would ever claim a Zelda game were better than OOT.

Just reading these reviews is getting me all moist for the game. I am probably going to have to wait until Christmas, so in the meantime I'll just have to complete Zelda 1, 2, Links Awakening and OOT all over again on the 3DS. Maybe Twilight Princess on the Wii too, just to really get me in the mood. Four Swords can do one, though.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Wow a wii thread.

As much as I love the zelda games and I can put hand on heart and say I do agree OOT is the greatest game EVER to date. I am worried about Skyward Sword, I have NOT done my research for this, last I heard you had to use the wii controls. I was wondering if anyone had heard or confirmed that you could use the wii classic controller instead. Just coming off a heart monitor implant the last thing i should be doing is swinging my body about the room trying to play this. I cant see why it wouldnt be controller friendly as isnt this a title thats confirmed for the wii-u on its release?

I've lent my wii out the the mother-in-law at the minute but as soon as that game comes out im taking my wii straight back.

The last major Zelda title, the twilight princess I played for 26 hours straight and completed it the day after its release on the gamecube, cant get enough of these games. Never completed it on the wii though plenty of times on the gamecube.

Also like the OOT master quest play it every 2 years. Forgotton most of the stuff on the game after two years so it becomes more challenging.

Sorry to ask.

AFAIK this was built ground up to utilise Wii motion plus, the prototype for many parts of this game being Wii Sports resort! So in essence, if you can get on with Wii Sports Resort you should be able to get on with this! Not sure how intense the motion control will be but it sounds like you may have to wait... Sorry to be the barer of bad news!

Apparently, both the demo and the full game have leaked onto the net already and all I've seen is positive responses to the game! I'm personally waiting until the middle of next week for my Gold Wii Remote Plus but do wonder if this game requires a firmware update?

This and Super Mario 3D Land the same day? Nintendo are really spoiling us!

• Paid Members
I was wondering if anyone had heard or confirmed that you could use the wii classic controller instead. Just coming off a heart monitor implant the last thing i should be doing is swinging my body about the room trying to play this. I cant see why it wouldnt be controller friendly as isnt this a title thats confirmed for the wii-u on its release?

I'm 99.99999% certain that you not only have to use a Wiimote, but you need motion plus too- which is why they are shipping a shed load of bundles that include a gold Zelda Wiimote with motion plus built in. The game, as Sym said, is pretty much built around the motion plus capability and can allow 1-1 swordplay. In other words, wherever you swing your arm, your sword will exactly be there. It's meant to be absolutely incredible, and the reviewers have said it's perfect.

They go on to say that this is the kind of game the Wii should've been built for, and if only they'd done this years ago and thrown it into decent third party developers faces, then the whole console wouldn't be tainted with shit releases that aren't made by Nintendo.

And yes, Super Mario Land 3D looks outstanding- a cross between Galaxy and the recent sidescrolling 'new' platform series they've had. Both are on my xmas list along with Skyrim. My daughter is going to be negelected come Christmas day I feel.

Edit: And I think Mario Kart 7 comes out before Xmas! Oooh Nintendo, you dirty whores!

Archived