The official UKFF Nintendo Wii Thread!

Steve Justice

I preordered both Skyward Sword and Mario 3D Land from Shop To, any idea when I should expect them to pop through my door?

They turn up the day before release usually, so Thursday. I'm already playing Zelda (A 15 min demo) and the combat feels awesome, you can swing the sword in every direction.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I preordered both Skyward Sword and Mario 3D Land from Shop To, any idea when I should expect them to pop through my door?

They turn up the day before release usually, so Thursday. I'm already playing Zelda (A 15 min demo) and the combat feels awesome, you can swing the sword in every direction.

Where did you get the demo from?

Agree that Nintendo missed a trick by not having the Wii as hd. But I think the animation of this new zelda shows it doesn't need hd, but hopefully the Wii U Zelda game will be rather lifelike, making the most of hd

• Paid Members

World 1-1 of Mario 3D Land: done. Mario is a bit slow moving compared to the Galaxy games, but the game seems very promising based on the first level. Considering the 3D doesn't work properly with my eyesight, so I usually switch it off, the depth could cause some mindfuckery as things progress.

• Paid Members

I got Mario 3D Land yesterday and can't say I'm impressed. It's good, don't get me wrong, but it's just another Mario game. It feels like New Super Mario Bros, but with a half-hearted attempt at making a couple of levels a bit more like Mario Galaxy.

It's piss-easy, and most deaths come from the badly excecuted depth of some scenery or obstacles, or not having the 3D on.

A good game, but that's expected of Mario. It's not the 9/10 and 10/10 game most places are giving it though. A solid 7.

Anyone else playing Skyward Sword? Got through 4 hours on Friday, been busy since, planning on sitting down in an hour or so and thrashing out another six hours or so. I know there's a few people on here who aren't keen on Zelda, but I must say, so far, this is EXCELLENT. Really captures the imagination, and despite some negative reviews of the controls, I'm finding it very intuitive and natural. Lovely.

Perfect, that gives me plenty of time to finish Dead Island, Sonic Generations and Professor Layton and the Spectre's flute!

Didn't finish any of them :sneaky:

Just on the build up to dungeon 2 of Zelda and it's just clicked with me! I had been struggling to pull myself away from Mario 3D land, but decided I better starts rationing that out or I'll finish it too early!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Paid Members

Reviews for Zelda sound so good I'm tempted to get a Wii just to play it. Is it that good? What else is out there /coming soon that would justify me picking up a Wii?

It's either that or I'll get a 3DS, because I'm tempted by Ocarina Of Time (I loved it, but never actually completed it on the N64). Any advice?

• Paid Members

The Wii is a great console, but Zelda is more than likely the system's Swan Song. You have all 3 Metroid Prime games, 2 Zelda games, 3 main Mario games, a ton of other first party games like Mario Kart and whatnot, and some great 3rd party stuff. If there was any time to buy a Wii, now would be it. Tons of games to pick from, you can get them cheap with Motion Plus built in, and as far as I know the games will be back compatible with the Wii U.

• Paid Members
What else is out there /coming soon that would justify me picking up a Wii?

Probably nothing, they will be concentrating on the WiiU instead. I'd be surprised if they have another big decent flagship game for the Wii. They've played out Mario to death with New Super Mario Bros, Mario Kart, Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, 3 Mario & Sonic Olympic titles, Smash Brothers and Mario Party. They've re-vamped Wii Fit and Wii Sports already. I think they've done the Metroid Trilogy now, too. Maybe there are a couple of more good games coming, but I haven't heard anything so I doubt they'll be massive. I'd wait for the WiiU instead to be honest. Aren't they trying to get it released for next Christmas?

It's either that or I'll get a 3DS, because I'm tempted by Ocarina Of Time (I loved it, but never actually completed it on the N64). Any advice?

Get one, especially now they've dropped the price. I think you can pick them up for around

Archived