The official UKFF Nintendo Wii Thread!

Steve Justice

• Paid Members

Nintendo's presentation at E3 wasn't particularly special (and that blood pressure monitor is gimmicky shite), but they did drop a couple of gems that I'll most definitely be purchasing. New Super Mario brothers Wii looks like an absolute winner, and a Team Ninja Metroid game is intriguing at the very least.

Wii Sports Resort will be an essential purchase for gatherings, though hooking up all my remotes with MotionPlus would be ludicrously expensive.

More important than that though:

6210437_blog011.jpg

Awwwwwww yeeeeeeaaah.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members

Ha. It's Mario Galaxy 2. I know it's a sequel, but sometimes a "more of the same" sequel to one of the best games ever made is worthy of an aww yeah.

So:

Awwww yeeeeah.

Having not played the Wii for literally months I bought House of the Dead: Overkill for my and the girlfriend today. Gone is the awfully wooden voice acting of previous HOTD games, replaced by a Planet Terror / Grindhouse style look & feel. The script is absurd and completely littered with unecessary swearing which is damn funny.

About 3 episodes in and it's all been fairly easy so far but good fun.

I played this around my sisters place the other week and managed to complete it in a couple of hours. I liked that you have infinite ammo and the auto-shotgun and machine guns were so satisfying, you just point, click and enjoy the exploding limbs. Really great stuff.

I was going to buy a Wii for myself the other day but the prices are still fucking extortionate. After calculating that I'd have to spend almost

I'm really looking forward to Ashes Cricket when that comes out on the Wii later in the year. It's out on other systems as well but i could be amazing on the Wii if done well. As a Cricket fan it's ceratinly something i've been waiting for since i got a wii, should be tailor made for the Wii really.

• 8 months later...
  • Paid Members

I already posted this in the Sonic thread, but it seems a relevan thing to post here too.

From The Escapist

Will a certain spiky-headed blue anthropomorphic hedgehog be joining everybody's favorite mustachioed plumber on his next adventure through space?

UK Magazine NGamer might have uncovered a 1990s Nintendo fanboy nightmare: Sonic the Hedgehog could soon be a playable character in a Mario game. Super Mario Galaxy 2 to be exact, as NGamer revealed through its twitter account, of all places.

The tweet reads: "We've just had some shocking news from an inside source at Nintendo: Sonic will be a playable character in Mario Galaxy 2! Wha?" I'm going to chalk this one up as an EXTREME rumor (note the bold caps), because it's such an outlandish claim.

I know Mario and Sonic have already teamed up to take on the Olympics (and the Winter Olympics), but would Nintendo really allow Sonic to encroach into one of its core franchises? Or, is the company banking on the popularity of Sonic to draw more gamers to purchase Super Mario Galaxy 2? Even though Super Mario Galaxy sold millions of copies, it didn't sell as well as Super Mario Bros. Wii, so maybe Nintendo wants to use the iconic popularity of two characters to sell the Super Mario Galaxy sequel.

NGamer's tweets didn't end there. The magazine emphasized that this information comes from a "trusted source," and even that "Sonic['s] levels will be in the 'Green Hill Galaxy.'" While completely possible, I can't help but feel that this sounds like a joke made out to goad people like me into making it news. Stories like this are why they invented the word rumor. Sonic's 3D adventures haven't exactly gone very well for him, so if this is true, I hope Nintendo can show Sega how to create a platforming hedgehog that really works. I'll only believe this when I see it, and play it.

• Paid Members
Sonic teaming up with Mario on some levels then turning on him at the end for the last boss battle would be fucking tremendous.

IF this rumour were true I'd be majorly disappointed. I don't think I'd want Sonic in a Mario game, unless he was a hidden extra, kind of like how you could unlock Luigi in the original game.

Archived