The official UKFF Nintendo Wii Thread!

Steve Justice

I'm really looking forward to Ashes Cricket when that comes out on the Wii later in the year. It's out on other systems as well but i could be amazing on the Wii if done well. As a Cricket fan it's ceratinly something i've been waiting for since i got a wii, should be tailor made for the Wii really.

It wasn't amazing. Shame really, my younger self had such optimism about it

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Paid Members
I'm really looking forward to Ashes Cricket when that comes out on the Wii later in the year. It's out on other systems as well but i could be amazing on the Wii if done well. As a Cricket fan it's ceratinly something i've been waiting for since i got a wii, should be tailor made for the Wii really.

It wasn't amazing. Shame really, my younger self had such optimism about it

Has there EVER been an amazing sports game for the Wii? Outside of Pro Evolution Soccer I can't think of any...

It's a shame, because there's so much potential in the system for the sport genre.

• 10 months later...

Looks like this thread hasn't been touched for ten or so months! Well I am ofter a little advice, as the Wife and I are planning on getting ourselfs a Wii Console in the next week or so.

I am not sure of prices will drop after the new year, even though Game and Gamestation already appear to have sales on. My Sister seems to think the prices of Wii's are still yet to drop as the shops are still hoping to capitalise on the Christmas period.

Should we wait?

• Paid Members

I've been on the Wii pretty much none-stop over December. Animal Crossing Wii, Mario Kart, Wii Party and Donkey Kong Country Returns being my games of choice. Forgot how amazing the Wii is.

• Paid Members
Cool man. Did you buy it in a bundle? How long ago etc...?

Oh i've had it ages.

To answer your price question, i'm not expert but Wii bundles are cheap regardless of season, compared to other consoles anyway. You can usually get a good one for around

• Paid Members
Cool. Are the controllers reasonably cheap if I wanted a second one?

Depends on a number of factors. If you want a matching coloured one (white ones are possibly cheaper than black or red ones), if you want Wii-motion plus too, and i'm sure the Nunchucks come seperately.

• Paid Members
Ahhh another question, quite important. As I am Disabled I would be wanting to stand up for long (the adverts for Wii have annoying people like JLS and Ant and Dec jumping about like Morons) so I presume ALL games can be played sat on a Sofa right?

Most games can be, aye. If you're after good single player games, there's a fair amount of shooters, platformers, and casual stuff like Animal Crossing. Multiplayer you'd be good with Mario Kart, Wii Party, Mario Party, Tennis, etc. I can't think of many Wii games that i've stood up for except Wii Sports, and that's only for Golf and Bowling.

• Paid Members
I managed the Bowling game in Wii Sports sat down, at my Friends house a year or so ago. The games I have my eye on getting are Mario Bros, Mario Kart , Fifa and Animal Crossing.

Which Mario Bros? New Super Mario Wii?. That's a good game. You'll know all about Allstars anyway so I won't go on about that. Mario Kart is ace, and has flawless online. Not played Wii Fifa so can't really say much. Animal Crossing Wii is excellent, like the DS one but with tons of new stuff. New fish, bugs, fossils items, people, you can go to the City where there's a load of new shops and features, and upto 10 neighbours rather than the DS' 8. If your wife enjoys it too, you have seperate houses so you don't have to share one.

Archived