New Doctor Who

stewdogg

Just read this on another forum. A theory about the ending:

Could the Doctor who is killed in TIA be a ganger, killed by the Real Doctor in the astronaught suit, in order to fool the world that he is actually dead.

That way he can spend season 7 in peace having a honeymoon with River, occasionally popping in to Amy and Rory as a visit to the in-laws?

Sounds weird I know but for some strange reason I had this thought in my head when I woke up this morning and have only just remembered it now!

Although I doubt the idea of him "popping in" to see Amy and Rory, and that the ganger thing has already been brought up... I do like the idea that The Doctor could be using this as a massive ploy to fake his own death and disapear for a while. After all if your a time traveler and your enemies "know" the precise time of your death, they arn't coming after you are they? After all why chase a guy whose death you already "know" is a fixed point in time.

Xmas special spoiler: SPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

In fact considering leaked photos of the Xmas special show the Doctor wearing a space suit... there is certainly some substance to this theory.

That's a pretty selfish sacrifice of a ganger, not in tune with the Doctors feelings as regards gangers. Amy's aside.

Well the Doctor HAS done selfish things in the past. As you say, he melted one before to save Amy.

Its just interesting how in the Impossible Astronaut, the Doctor approached the astronaut quiet calmly, almost as if he fully knew, expect it was coming. Maybe its a remote controlled ganger with the real doctor safely tucked away in the Tardis.

Now that I think about it, River HAS to kill the doctor so that she can be arrested for it.

Ah I guess we will find out in just a few short days.

And to answer Brownie, as I understand it, yes a ganger possible could regenerate, but when we saw the Doctor "die", we clearly saw him get shot a second time, thus stopping the regeneration.

• Awards Moderator
That's a pretty selfish sacrifice of a ganger, not in tune with the Doctors feelings as regards gangers. Amy's aside.

Well the Doctor HAS done selfish things in the past. As you say, he melted one before to save Amy.

Its just interesting how in the Impossible Astronaut, the Doctor approached the astronaut quiet calmly, almost as if he fully knew, expect it was coming. Maybe its a remote controlled ganger with the real doctor safely tucked away in the Tardis.

Of course he did. Did you not see the last episode? It was all about him knowing he was going to die the following day! Or have I misunderstood?

Edited by HarmonicGenerator

Of course he did. Did you not see the last episode? It was all about him knowing he was going to die the following day!

Well yes, and your quite right to pull me up on it. I was more referring to the calmness he handled it with, as if it was all part of a plan.

• Paid Members

Now that I think about it, River HAS to kill the doctor so that she can be arrested for it.

Ah I guess we will find out in just a few short days.

And to answer Brownie, as I understand it, yes a ganger possible could regenerate, but when we saw the Doctor "die", we clearly saw him get shot a second time, thus stopping the regeneration.

That's what I meant. Would the ganger have started the regeneration procedure?

• Awards Moderator

Of course he did. Did you not see the last episode? It was all about him knowing he was going to die the following day!

Well yes, and your quite right to pull me up on it. I was more referring to the calmness he handled it with, as if it was all part of a plan.

Ah, got you. You're probably right as well. It'd be interesting to think of it the other way, of him just calmly accepting death - but the fact that this isn't the last ever episode would suggest that's not what happened!

Ah, got you. You're probably right as well. It'd be interesting to think of it the other way, of him just calmly accepting death - but the fact that this isn't the last ever episode would suggest that's not what happened!

While I don't think this will of happened 200 years passed between "The God Complex" and "Closing Time" (That's why he was so thrown when he saw Amy and Rory in his timeline he hadn't seen them for 200 years) so I guess some stories could take place during that time.

• Paid Members

Stephen Moffatt not that he can be trusted has said in a filmedinterview that it is River who kills the Doctor in the astronaut suit and it's not a ganger Doctor as she scanned him first.

Stupid as it sounds, the only thing I couldn't get my head around last weeks ep. Was when they tried to make James Cordon into a new cyberleader. "No way a cyberman torso can fit over that fat bastard" I thought.

But reading some of the theories, I'm going with the two doctors one, I kept thinking the rubix cube was some clue to something