What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

Last night I watched Egypt's Lost Cities, which is well worth keeping an eye out for a repeat (it'll be on BBC something).

In a nutshell, archeology lady is using satellite imaging and infra-red to locate remains of buildings and settlements buried beneath Egypt. Highlights include her discovering a further 7 pyramids, and the site of some simple huts that are now so far away from civilised areas, that nobody had been there for centuries and thousand-year old tools and artifacts were just lying on the surface.

Wonderful stuff.

Louis Theroux's Documentary on Prison life in Miami is pretty good so far. I also recently watched Strangeways which shows a complete contrast as to how easy British prison life is to get through compared to others.

Louis Theroux's Documentary on Prison life in Miami is pretty good so far. I also recently watched Strangeways which shows a complete contrast as to how easy British prison life is to get through compared to others.

Isn't Theroux's documentary specifically about jail (where they're held while awaiting trial) as opposed to prison itself (where they go after they've been sentenced)?

Isn't Theroux's documentary specifically about jail (where they're held while awaiting trial) as opposed to prison itself (where they go after they've been sentenced)?

Yep.

May I just ask if anyone else is watching Paul Merton's Birth of Hollywood? Thus far I think it's been a cracker. I'll admit I'm constantly interested in old hollywood and films, and this has been very good. Paul Merton is a great narrator as well.

Parks & Recreation has been recommended to me various times, not least on this forum.

Having watched the first three episodes this evening, I have to ask...does it get any better?

I think over the course of three episodes I laughed twice. The main character just seems ridiculously stupid - i.e. so far fetched that she's just not funny. Also, it just seems like a poor knock-off of The US Office.

Hopefully the one similarity it has to The US Office is that it's a slow starter?

Fingers crossed anyway...

• Paid Members
Parks & Recreation has been recommended to me various times, not least on this forum.

Having watched the first three episodes this evening, I have to ask...does it get any better?

I think over the course of three episodes I laughed twice. The main character just seems ridiculously stupid - i.e. so far fetched that she's just not funny. Also, it just seems like a poor knock-off of The US Office.

Hopefully the one similarity it has to The US Office is that it's a slow starter?

Fingers crossed anyway...

Stick with it. It really comes into it's own in the second season. I love it, hence the sig and avatar.

did anyone watch Area 51: I Was There? over the weekend?

Also I finally got around to watching Dexter, got 1 episode to go in the 1st Season. Think it is fantastic so far and am looking forward to watching the 2nd season.

Also downloaded all of Battlestat Galactica which I can't wait to watch too. Thats my summer...