What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

Anyone else see Horizon: Is Seeing Believing? Fascinating programme.

Yeah, it was a good watch. Worth checking on iPlayer for those that are half interested. :thumbsup:

Horizon's so hit and miss these days.

I've been watching Richards Bacon Beer and Pizza Club. I like it except for Simon Baker (?) who is a massive prick. Simple format too, Bacon gets three comedians to come in, eat pizza drink beers and ask a question to the rest. To be honest, it's probably really shit to most people, but I quite like it for some reason.

I've been watching Richards Bacon Beer and Pizza Club. I like it except for Simon Baker (?) who is a massive prick. Simple format too, Bacon gets three comedians to come in, eat pizza drink beers and ask a question to the rest. To be honest, it's probably really shit to most people, but I quite like it for some reason.

Which channel is this on? I reember Richard Bacon having some quiz show where they literally channel hopped round SKY to find the weirdest shit. I thought it was awesome whilst most thought it was boring as sin.

EDIT : Oh and I blitzed through the first season of Blue Mountain State, very low brow teen jock comedy. However I really liked it. Great lines too, vulgarity at its best.

Edited by Koconutz

Is anyone else deeply disappointed with the new series of V?

The pilot episode contained about 2 seasons worth of surprises, plot twists, reveals and events. It's like revealing all the Cylons in BG by the end of the first season, it was awful.

Episode 2 was a little better, but there's still no sense of pace or drama. I may give up if the next episode isn't better. It's Flashforward all over again.

Here's hoping The Event turns out to be better.

• Paid Members

I've not seen it but I really should watch it. It's sounds not dissimilar to Flipside TV, which was completely excellent. They need to bring that fucking back.

Anyone see Howard Marks on Never Mind The Buzzcocks last night? He was brilliant. Catherine Tate was a predictably fucking shite host though.

Also, tonight The Stephen K Amos Show? About as incredibly awful as I thought it would be. Terrible comedian.

I like Stephen K Amos but I really didn't think his show would be any good. I haven't seen it yet.

About Flipside, Richard Bacon mentions it during one of his stories on the Beer & Pizza club, and I'm pretty sure it tells you why it was canceled. Basically he got tanked up BEFORE the show, and it aired live, his producers told him not to go on air, he was exec producer so went on anyway. Plastered AND ten minutes late...needless to say it probably got canceled after that.

Anyone watching the Pillars of the earth?

Is it good? I liked the look of it, but missed the first one.

Im really enjoying, great show with some great actors in it. Right up my street in terms of what sort of show it is as well. Give it a go if your into that kinda thing.