What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

The first episode of the new series of south park is made so much funnier due to its subject and a certain thread in gold

Its on sky anytime (well it was on mine at least) and its on comedy central on friday

Couldn't stop laughing at the end

I'm shocked that after all this time South Park is still funny. Any episode where Randy goes off on one is hilarious. The Obama president election one is fuc=nny as fuck "CHAAAANGE!" or guitar queero where Stan turns off the dragon game and he freaks out "NOOOOO! TURN IT BACK ON! TURN IT ON I SAID! I AM YOUR FATHER" had me unable to breath through laughter

• Paid Members
in need of some suggestions/recommendations if anyone has a sec?

shows in same vein as dexter/breaking bad/damages/homeland

comedys a la 30 rock/parks and rec/community/arrested development/up all night

For both of them, the answer is always Bottle Boys.

• Paid Members

started watching alcatraz but not really a fan of story per episode format

started watching justified lately (does this pick up?!)

I read Justified gets really good in Season 2, im planning on starting it soon.

The Alcatraz thing is kinda where im put off too, i was really hoping to get something to get into. Always find that the 1 off thing kinda kills it though, it probably appeals to most but i prefer the longer drawn out format.

started watching alcatraz but not really a fan of story per episode format

started watching justified lately (does this pick up?!)

Comedy- Party Down, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Office (?), Modern Family, Weeds (comedy/drama)

I've tried watching a few episodes of Its Always Sunny and I don't get it. Danny de Vito aside, it feels like low grade Seinfeld if every character was played by acting powerhouse Jerry Seinfeld.

Justified I also found quite dull. They don't really follow through on the premise of a wild west style law enforcer out of time and place. I wanted Timothy Olyphant to be badass ala Bullock/Deadwood but instead his character seems mostly quite nice and reasonable.

• Paid Members
I've tried watching a few episodes of Its Always Sunny and I don't get it. Danny de Vito aside, it feels like low grade Seinfeld if every character was played by acting powerhouse Jerry Seinfeld.

Justified I also found quite dull. They don't really follow through on the premise of a wild west style law enforcer out of time and place. I wanted Timothy Olyphant to be badass ala Bullock/Deadwood but instead his character seems mostly quite nice and reasonable.

Iv'e heard it described as Seinfeld on Steroids and I though that was pretty apt. I feel their great at portraying their characters. Dennis is fantastic, easily the most mental character and is somewhat underrated.

I'm watching the anti-social network, its a very good watch. As I don't really read or watch the news and no idea of "trolling".

As someone who doesnt really use social networking, I only use this (ukff) myself I'm quite close minded, opens your eye a little bit.

• Paid Members

Iv'e heard it described as Seinfeld on Steroids and I though that was pretty apt. I feel their great at portraying their characters. Dennis is fantastic, easily the most mental character and is somewhat underrated.

I think Charlie is the most mental character, I'd say Dennis was the most manipulative and Mac is the least obnoxious (although that's not saying much!).

• Paid Members

I think Charlie is the most mental character, I'd say Dennis was the most manipulative and Mac is the least obnoxious (although that's not saying much!).

I dunno there are moments when Dennis seems like he might actually lose it and there are definately flashes of evil with things like the D.E.N.N.I.S system and such. His reaction to two girls he was hitting on when they said they had boyfriends last season was amazing aswell.

Yeah, Dennis is always the best when he gets rapey.

The Walking Dead finale:

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

First half was fucking cracking! As good a half-of-an-episode of TV as you could expect. The second half was shite, but still. Lori is a truly awful character, unless we're meant to think she's a cunt. Hopefully next year they'll set some consistency to the characters, as one of the biggest problems is the disgustingly contrived conflict between the survivors.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by King Pitcos

Yeah, Dennis is always the best when he gets rapey.

The Walking Dead finale:

First half was fucking cracking! As good a half-of-an-episode of TV as you could expect. The second half was shite, but still. Lori is a truly awful character, unless we're meant to think she's a cunt. Hopefully next year they'll set some consistency to the characters, as one of the biggest problems is the disgustingly contrived conflict between the survivors.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

rick is badass now

can't wait to see who that fucker with the sword is..

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by blackcountrywwfc