What have you been watching on (proper scripted) telly?

Dynamite Duane

• Paid Members

New series on Fox in US called 'Alcatraz'. With a name like that and the obvious backdrop, it can potentially be brilliant. But it's probably just going to be the next Lost. It even has the fat bloke in it.

• Paid Members

Second episode of ITV's new shitfest 'Show Me The Funny' last night. I only watched it through curiosity & the fact I know a couple of the contestants. God it's bad. I'm glad the viewing figures haven't been very good & that ITV didn't put it on Saturday night ala X-Factor as IMO it would've had a massively detrimental effect on live comedy.

If I were a cynic I'd say that it's geared up for them to have 1 or 2 acts (Pat Monahan & Stu Goldsmith) get to the final & both of them to end up hosting primetime ITV shows, a soft introduction to the masses as opposed to just throwing them in when nobody (outside of live comedy fans) will know who they are.

• Paid Members
Second episode of ITV's new shitfest 'Show Me The Funny' last night. I only watched it through curiosity & the fact I know a couple of the contestants. God it's bad. I'm glad the viewing figures haven't been very good & that ITV didn't put it on Saturday night ala X-Factor as IMO it would've had a massively detrimental effect on live comedy.

If I were a cynic I'd say that it's geared up for them to have 1 or 2 acts (Pat Monahan & Stu Goldsmith) get to the final & both of them to end up hosting primetime ITV shows, a soft introduction to the masses as opposed to just throwing them in when nobody (outside of live comedy fans) will know who they are.

So its the NXT of comedy then?

The problem is they don't actually show much of the act, only Jason Manford making his usual inane and unfunny observations. Its also rather odd that the main selling point is that some of these supposed funny comedians might not get laughs.

Plus again, Jason Manford is terrible

• Paid Members

Jason Manford's a bit of a strange one, his stuff when he was on the circuit was cracking, not significantly edgier than his current stuff but definitely had a darker edge. Now he's carved a niche for himself as a much nicer, safer kind of act

• Paid Members
The problem is they don't actually show much of the act, only Jason Manford making his usual inane and unfunny observations. Its also rather odd that the main selling point is that some of these supposed funny comedians might not get laughs.

Plus again, Jason Manford is terrible

He reminds me of a poor man's Peter Kay, and Peter Kay has been awful for years. "do you remember when you were a kid and blah blah" oh go away and mack on some girl on Twitter.

I enjoyed The Pranker on BBC3, had me pissing myself laughing!! Ross Lee I think his name is who does it.

Caught a Steve Coogan programme on Dave recently, reminded me of how bloody good is.

Oh yeah watching a Miranda reruns and some old Gimme Gimme, both good for chuckle :)

I enjoyed The Pranker on BBC3, had me pissing myself laughing!! Ross Lee I think his name is who does it.

Caught a Steve Coogan programme on Dave recently, reminded me of how bloody good is.

Oh yeah watching a Miranda reruns and some old Gimme Gimme, both good for chuckle :)

I've never really got Miranda. People keep telling me it's funny and I feel I should like it as it's meant to be silly sitcom like others I like, but everytime I watch it I feel very flat about it.

This afternoon I'm watching Better Off Ted. I love this show, very funny stuff.

I've never really got Miranda. People keep telling me it's funny and I feel I should like it as it's meant to be silly sitcom like others I like, but everytime I watch it I feel very flat about it.

This afternoon I'm watching Better Off Ted. I love this show, very funny stuff.

Miranda is a bit of a modern twist on old 70s/80s campy humour I'd say. Not everyone's cup of tea, it's more women's humour.

Edited by Dynamite Duane

Picked up The Killing on DVD, supposed to be ace isn't it? Watched the first episode & wasn't really sucked in.

Is it any good? Seems like a bit of a slow burner, worth the time?

It depends, the original version is said to be brilliant (unless you have a problem with the Danes), but I've not heard such good things about the American remake.

I watched the first episode of the new Thundercats series last night, and it was damn good. Much better than I expected. Though as with all new cartoons that seem to air in America these days, the first part doesn't have an opening intro, so we shall have to wait until after episode 3 airs on Friday to see if the theme tune is as great as the original.

i forgot to mention it also has the original voice of Lion-o Larry Kenney voicing his father.

Edited by bwo