UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Of course you have to suspend disbelief and ignore small logical flaws, how else would you explain not been arrested after backstage assault or been sued. How would you explain Randy Orton not been sued for damages due to his head punt. How would you explain damage of vehicles and no real ramifications. How would you explain Austins assault of McMahon in the hospital environment going unpunished. How do you explain the Dudleyz not been put in jail for the assault of Paul Bearer. How do you explain Sara not been arrested for necrophilia (cus thats the primary concern, when adressing Undertakers gimmick) . Even if you cant ignore the flaws in logic, how can you explain, those who are still employed and in need of extra income due to the credit crunch and various other financial trouble, and need money for the future, HBKs impending retirement, means that his financial future is more critical than ever, and thus needs more money fast, as he explained in his promo, he has a family to look after.

MVP wouldve been a prime candidate, but alas, it looks like the boat has sailed on that one.

Why, what's happened to him?

Well...i guess the boat hasnt totally sailed, I was talking about his win bonus not been acheived, he couldve done the whole down on his luck, and how he really needed the win bonus because of his lifestyle.

• Paid Members

On the Survivor Series 92 front, I just dug out the program which appears to have been produced many weeks in advance. It has the full-line up with Warrior in the tag match, Bulldog vs Mountie for the I-C title, no mention of Yokozuna, and Flair referred to as WWF champion. Bret vs Shawn is listed as sixth from top under 'other great matches'.

When was Summerslam 92 switched from Washington DC to Wembley?

I recall during the ads of Survivor Series 91 there was a competition to win an all expenses paid trip to Washington for the show.

Just wondering when it was switched.

I've heard it mentioned a few times but have no idea whether it's wrestling bullshit or fact...

Shawn Michaels had a load of money left to him (millions, I believe) by a female fan who put him in her Will.

This supposedly happened during the time that Michaels was out for around four years, and I remember people saying it was one of the reasons why he had no need, financially, to bother trying to come back.

Any ideas if this is BS or not??

When was Summerslam 92 switched from Washington DC to Wembley?

I recall during the ads of Survivor Series 91 there was a competition to win an all expenses paid trip to Washington for the show.

Just wondering when it was switched.

I don't know for certain when it was switched, but it was originally set for the Cap Centre in Landover, Maryland, which isn't too far from Washington. I seem to remember they ran a show there in the Spring of 92 which didn't draw well, which may have influenced their thinking in looking elsewhere, but it's more likely that they saw how much money they made every time they came over here in that time, and came up with a can't miss main event (I do believe that the show in its original location would have had Hart v Michaels in a ladder match)...

I've heard it mentioned a few times but have no idea whether it's wrestling bullshit or fact...

Shawn Michaels had a load of money left to him (millions, I believe) by a female fan who put him in her Will.

This supposedly happened during the time that Michaels was out for around four years, and I remember people saying it was one of the reasons why he had no need, financially, to bother trying to come back.

It's absolutely true, but I remember it being a few years before the four-year layoff. Apparently she didn't have anybody to leave it too in her family, so she just left it to her favourite wrestler. I think the figure was $2.5 million or something? Can't find anything on the web to verify this, but I remember it being in the Observer and Power Slam at the time.

It's absolutely true, but I remember it being a few years before the four-year layoff. Apparently she didn't have anybody to leave it too in her family, so she just left it to her favourite wrestler. I think the figure was $2.5 million or something? Can't find anything on the web to verify this, but I remember it being in the Observer and Power Slam at the time.

Interesting, thanks.

It was probably Powerslam where I heard about it.

Quick DVD question

Are Region 2 releases that contain WWF footage blurred (sets like HIAC or superstar profiles) like the region 1 releases? Is it only the tagged classics that are released unblurred because they are made for SilverVision?

Thanks

Tagged Classics are untouched copies of shows that have just been transferred on to DVD by Silvervision. All WWE products that are produced need to have the images blurred out regardless of the region.

• Paid Members

Can anyone tell me the name of a wrestler who wrestled on Smackdown for a few months in 2006? He wore long blue tights and had long brown hair with a beard. He beat Booker T in his first match and was put in a bodybag by the Great Khali?