UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

God I forgot about Sarge teaming with Goldberg, he was terrible. There was some good stuff in late 2000 though, the 3 count/Jund Dragons feud produced some good matches, Lance Storm and Hugh Morrus's feud over the US Title was good, Goldberg and Steiner's pay per view match, Steiner and Booker T's Title feud, there was quite a lot of decent stuff. I know it's all down to personal opinion but for I just thought Nitro was better than Raw at that time

There was also the WCW Hell in a Cell match between Goldberg and Steiner on Nitro.

Click Here

And also the one between Steiner and Booker T at the Mayhem PPV in November.

Edited by Dillkid

Anything in particular info you need?

Do you know what was the purpose of WWE Superstars in 2002 after Bottom Line and Afterburn debuted? and when did Raw air when it debuted in '95?

Superstars in 2002 made no sense at all probably to fill a place for a wrestling show with more recapping we didnt need.

As for the Debut of Raw in 1995 I have listed on my tape Friday 15th 1995 on Sky Sports at 5pm. This was back when they didnt air it on a night time. Alough when watching the highlights on Mania I noticed that the Raw had been edited to pit in with the timeslot. Not by much but they had cut out the odd 10 seconds here and there. I guess with 4 commercial breaks it didnt match up with the US time. After a while they did edit violent stuff and sexual stuff out. The debut in the UK show had Sid vs Shawn as the main event. They even showed clips of the upcoming matches for the following weeks show.

Do you know if there is any videos of this online?

Probably not. I suppose I could always cap a clip on my pc and upload it to youtube.

That was stupid, why not just have black ropes to suit them both?

No idea. They could have even switched the ropes if they were taping a double shot. I'm sure it doesnt take that long.

I'm not saying the WWF was bad by any means, it's just that until around September 2000, Raw and Smackdown were must see TV and then it just seemed to go stale, Austin was terrible on his return until a few weeks before Wrestlemania 17 (Royal Rumble match excluded), Triple H turned heel again even though people were dying to see him have a proper face run, Taker and Kane were treading water, Jericho had the shite feud with X-Pac, it was still watchable but the quality was way down from the previous nine months. On the flipside, WCW was so bad in the first nine months of 2000 that once they slowed things down and the shows didn't give you a headache, they were quite enjoyable

So WWF wasn't bad by any means, but WCW was better because it didnt give you a headache? It's all well and good looking back and saying Austins return was terrible, but I remember everyone buzzing their tits off when he returned. WCW was literally piss-poor in late 2000. It was dreadful. At least in mid-2000 WCW had stars on the show. By the end of 2000, it was on its arse. I remember everyone throwing telly's out of the window, when Shane Douglas got squashed by Buff Bagwell I believe and the week after got granted a US title match (which he won). It had the Goldberg and Buddy Lee Parker vs Kronik and Totally Buffed angle, which drew apathy from everyone who expected Goldberg to return within a month. It was still filled with nonesense.

WCW wasent that bad sure they had their moments like WWE did. Looking back at 2000 I prefered WCW all the way compared to the aweful year 2000 WWE produced. Ok sure they had the odd interesting moment, Rock winning the belt, Undertaker returning but stank it up with the BORING Triple H run where as WCW was giving us something interesting with Bret harts last match, DAVID ARQUETTE Oh hell yeah winning the WCW Title to The Filthy Animals to the Revolution, Chris Benoits first World Championship, the vacant title tournaments.

We even had one of the best things in WCW in Mean Gene Okerlund handing some bitch smack to the Natural Born Thrillers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhrfZ1EJlpc Enjoy it in its full 1.17 glory!!!

Edited by TheOlympicHero

When did Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, Prime Time Wrestling and All American Wrestling air on Sky and Eurosport in the late 80s/early 90s?

Superstars aired on Sky One at 12-1pm On a Saturday iirc 1990 onwards

Eurosport showed Prime Time at 6/7pm on a Friday iirc

I have an episode of Wrestling Challenge from Eurosport on tape some where so will check the showing times ahh the view from adverts they were class

You may want to also consider Trans World Sport, which also covered WWF on Eurosport. Again I can find the broadcast times of that as well.

Dillkid.

Ive looked and the results are as follows

Superstars, not Wrestling Challenge was on Eurosport ( thats my bad).

According to the trails I have it says Tuesday 6pm/CET 7pm, but I remember them being show on occasion on a Saturday morning ( Eurosport only had 12 hour broadcast per day and not everything was shown just the once either. When they showed Havoc's 7,8,9 they were repeated multiple times in the week so

its possible for other times.. for Original Broadcasts though, programming went all over the place for example The Paris Dakar Rally 1990 was shown 12pm/1pm in 1990/1 and then had an evening update and then a repeat again before close down. So everything would fit around that rather than the other way around.

The Prime Time Spot is right ( well is as right as my mind 20 years on) as was the same spot used to show WM6 in two parts (successive fridays) in May 1990. The show was with audience inc Jameson on occasion and had Various inguests and Clips.. The pre WM6 one came from the Toronto Tower (restaurant) iirc

NEC Transworld Sport aired on a Wednesday at 6pm/7pm CET The trail features an Ultimate Warror Promo. Afaik it featured WWF in News spots summing up the world of sport. It would also air a match on occasions, though from the quality I would guess would be a recorded house show or TV dark match.. Usually the venue with all the highlighted advertising signs in the background from the camera position.

If you want more Eurosport stuff see what TV Ark can offer they have some trails and programme guides but only from saturday/monday iirc. worth checking out mainly cos the Eurosport Ident was at the time amazing.. still is to be honest.

Hope that helps

When did Superstars, Wrestling Challenge, Prime Time Wrestling and All American Wrestling air on Sky and Eurosport in the late 80s/early 90s?

I have an episode of Wrestling Challenge from Eurosport on tape some where so will check the showing times ahh the view from adverts they were class

You may want to also consider Trans World Sport, which also covered WWF on Eurosport. Again I can find the broadcast times of that as well.

Dillkid.

According to the trails I have it says Tuesday 6pm/CET 7pm, but I remember them being show on occasion on a Saturday morning ( Eurosport only had 12 hour broadcast per day and not everything was shown just the once either. When they showed Havoc's 7,8,9 they were repeated multiple times in the week so

its possible for other times.. for Original Broadcasts though, programming went all over the place for example The Paris Dakar Rally 1990 was shown 12pm/1pm in 1990/1 and then had an evening update and then a repeat again before close down. So everything would fit around that rather than the other way around.

The Prime Time Spot is right ( well is as right as my mind 20 years on) as was the same spot used to show WM6 in two parts (successive fridays) in May 1990. The show was with audience inc Jameson on occasion and had Various inguests and Clips.. The pre WM6 one came from the Toronto Tower (restaurant) iirc

NEC Transworld Sport aired on a Wednesday at 6pm/7pm CET The trail features an Ultimate Warror Promo. Afaik it featured WWF in News spots summing up the world of sport. It would also air a match on occasions, though from the quality I would guess would be a recorded house show or TV dark match.. Usually the venue with all the highlighted advertising signs in the background from the camera position.

If you want more Eurosport stuff see what TV Ark can offer they have some trails and programme guides but only from saturday/monday iirc. worth checking out mainly cos the Eurosport Ident was at the time amazing.. still is to be honest.

Hope that helps

I remember that Countdown show where they were up on the highest place in canada. They did air Superstars quite regulary on a Saturday dinner time. I think once they started putting it at 10pm as well same day I went for the late night option as I believe that was when they started doing double bills with Challenge. Not sure why but for some reason we used to get Challenge airing on a Saturday daytime and Superstars on a sunday time which was fine and then strangly one day they reversed the programming so Superstars came on Sat and Challenge Sun which eventually got moved to monday.

Im not sure why they kept moving Superstars around as 1 minute it was on a saturday then it went to sunday after a while and then back to saturday. Very strange I know I do miss the old days of having my fridays entertained by Hillbilly Jim and Mean Gene hosting All American Wrestling as they did show it back then in 1989.

Anything in particular info you need?

Do you know what was the purpose of WWE Superstars in 2002 after Bottom Line and Afterburn debuted? and when did Raw air when it debuted in '95?

Superstars in 2002 made no sense at all probably to fill a place for a wrestling show with more recapping we didnt need.

As for the Debut of Raw in 1995 I have listed on my tape Friday 15th 1995 on Sky Sports at 5pm. This was back when they didnt air it on a night time. Alough when watching the highlights on Mania I noticed that the Raw had been edited to pit in with the timeslot. Not by much but they had cut out the odd 10 seconds here and there. I guess with 4 commercial breaks it didnt match up with the US time. After a while they did edit violent stuff and sexual stuff out. The debut in the UK show had Sid vs Shawn as the main event. They even showed clips of the upcoming matches for the following weeks show.

Do you know if there is any videos of this online?

Probably not. I suppose I could always cap a clip on my pc and upload it to youtube.

Yes please!

Dillkid.

Hope that helps

Dillkid.

Hope that helps

I remember that Countdown show where they were up on the highest place in canada. They did air Superstars quite regulary on a Saturday dinner time. I think once they started putting it at 10pm as well same day I went for the late night option as I believe that was when they started doing double bills with Challenge. Not sure why but for some reason we used to get Challenge airing on a Saturday daytime and Superstars on a sunday time which was fine and then strangly one day they reversed the programming so Superstars came on Sat and Challenge Sun which eventually got moved to monday.

Im not sure why they kept moving Superstars around as 1 minute it was on a saturday then it went to sunday after a while and then back to saturday. Very strange I know I do miss the old days of having my fridays entertained by Hillbilly Jim and Mean Gene hosting All American Wrestling as they did show it back then in 1989.

Thanks for all the info. I would of had Prime Time Friday Night, Superstars Saturday Morning, All American Saturday Night and Challenge Sunday Morning. Didn't Sky Sports used to air NWA around 1989?

• Paid Members

Dillkid.

Hope that helps

Dillkid.

Hope that helps

Thanks for all the info. I would of had Prime Time Friday Night, Superstars Saturday Morning, All American Saturday Night and Challenge Sunday Morning. Didn't Sky Sports used to air NWA around 1989?

Nope. Sky Sports actually started broadcasting in March 1990 as "The Sports Channel", so it would have been mighty difficult for them to broadcast NWA in 1989!

NWA was aired on BSB ( British Sattelite Broadcasting) well at least Power Hour was c. Sept 1990-April 1991 ( the time I had a squarial)

Theres a thread on the rest of the history from last September on here for you

History of WCW Television in the UK

• Paid Members
Does Jarrett still have any legit power in TNA anymore, or is he just a wrestler now?

To the best of my knowledge, he's got shares in the company so little that the Carters could by him out at anytime if they didnt want him around (which they very nearly did last year when they found out he was shagging Karen Angle). And there are so many people well in with the Carters (Hogan, Angle, Bischoff and the big name talent like Hardy and RVD) that if they had a falling out with Jarrett, there's only one side she'd choose, so his shares mean nothing really. He's like Jimmy Hart was for WCW these days. He's a bloke who does all the early morning radio shows, and I suppose he can chip in with his opinion, but there's so many people above him now. That's probably why his promos and matches have been the best he's done in years. He looks like a man with something to prove.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

NWA was aired on BSB ( British Sattelite Broadcasting) well at least Power Hour was c. Sept 1990-April 1991 ( the time I had a squarial)

As far as 1989 goes it was in its infant stage. In early 1989 it was only called Sky Channel which would eventually be called Sky One so as far as sky sports go it was a little behind. I always found Sky sports at the start to have such a lousy reception when they started. Most WCW was found on ITV alough I do recall some WCW on Sky Sports called Power Hour. From memory the commentator bored the shit out of me with his boring voice. I can remember Sting facing Ric Flair on one show I recall this being sometime around the summer of 1990.

Does anyone remember being pissed off at being dupped by Sky when Prime Time went to a live audience? The previous week they mentioned Andre was gonna confront Bobby Heenan on the show which I anticipated all week then funnily enough it got preempted and I thought shit they aint gonna show it but another week elapsed and I was waiting for the show then funnily enough Sky decided to air in its place the 1991 Royal Rumble. Alough a message did appear saying Prime Time would air at midnight. I dunno why Rumble aired because it wasent on the scheduele. Anyway at Midnight Prime time came on and I was thinking they ll skip that show but they didnt they announced Andre/Heenan confrontation for the show all throughout it.

Then they said it was happenning after the break and guess what happened? After the break finished another bloody tv programme came on! To say I was pissed off was a understatement. Originally I thought maybe a error but 10 mins into the next show the WWF didnt come back on so maybe the programming people mistimed the runtime. Why bloody show rumble in the first place when it aired months ago? So fans in the UK never got to see Heenan embarrassed in a grape bowl . I had to wait 20 years to see it on youtube in clips.

As far as 1989 goes it was in its infant stage. In early 1989 it was only called Sky Channel which would eventually be called Sky One so as far as sky sports go it was a little behind. I always found Sky sports at the start to have such a lousy reception when they started. Most WCW was found on ITV alough I do recall some WCW on Sky Sports called Power Hour. From memory the commentator bored the shit out of me with his boring voice. I can remember Sting facing Ric Flair on one show I recall this being sometime around the summer of 1990.

The Sky Channel has been around since 1982.. Iam sure some one on hear used to watch Wrestling on it c1988 as they have mentioned showings of WMIV before now.

Sky One became so in July 1989 when Sky moved to Astra for broadcasting.

Sky Sports was The Sports Channel from BSB and was re branded as Sky Sports 1 after the merger/buy out c. April 1991,

Sky originally founded Eurosport with the EBU hence why WWF was on there to begin with.

The Sky Channel has been around since 1982.. Iam sure some one on hear used to watch Wrestling on it c1988 as they have mentioned showings of WMIV before now.

Sky One became so in July 1989 when Sky moved to Astra for broadcasting.

Sky Sports was The Sports Channel from BSB and was re branded as Sky Sports 1 after the merger/buy out c. April 1991,

Sky originally founded Eurosport with the EBU hence why WWF was on there to begin with.

Probably lies because I recorded many years ago a mini documentary that showed the history of sky tv and they specifically said it didnt launch until feb 1989 as the guy in the hughes tv shop in may said we were one of the first people to get it. Checking wiki yes Sky Television launched on Feb 1989 alough it is true sky channel had been around before but people tend to talk BS without any possitive proof of what they re saying.