UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

There's a million Raw/TNA threads at the moment but I have no idea where to ask this so I guess this is the best place. From the latest Observer after discussing WWE's attitude towards TNA and how they had been negotiating with Bret before Hogan signed for TNA and therefore didn't bring him in to rival TNA:

The Charlie Haas situation should tell you all you need to know about WWE and their reaction to any competition.

Charlie Haas situation?

From what I heard (probably on here somewhere) Kurt Angle wanted to bring Haas to TNA to work a program with him and when WWE got wind of it they re-signed Haas to a new deal for more money. Yes, Charlie Haas!!??

Fuck off. There's no way that can be true. Right??

From another board altogether.

There was a rumor going that Kurt Angle was interested in bringing in Haas, Vince got word and resigned Haas to a new deal at better pay than what he was making just to make him unavailable to TNA. Of course Vince is paying him to stay home and work at his nutritional supply company but I'm sure he's not complaining too much.

I thought I hadn't made that up.

Mental though... completely!

• Paid Members
Why did Moralez have a ring name change and how is his ankle

I believe he changed the name due to the fact that he was working in the USA and Moralez is a very Hispanic name (and Big Dave isn't Hispanic).

And I believe his ankle is fine now as he'll be appearing at Triple X Wrestling this Sunday where he faces off against eXodus! [/shill]

Shame on Haas for signing it. He should have gone to TNA.

Obviously, Charlie Haas doesn't give a shit about his career. I officially no longer feel sorry for the guy.

Maybe he gives a shit about his future after wrestling. He's got a wife, children and a separate business, so he's set for when he hangs up the boots for good.

Obviously, Charlie Haas doesn't give a shit about his career. I officially no longer feel sorry for the guy.

So you'd turn down the offer of "stay at home, running your own business, while we pay you stupid money for the privilege"?

Think on.

Haas will probably set himself for life financially whilst not killing himself physically and keeping things sweet with the most important man in wrestling, should he or even his wife ever need a favour. Going to TNA would have been fucking retarded in the circumstances.

Did Mr Perfect ever get a title match with Hogan? I know they had a match on S.Night Main event which was after Hogan lost the belt but the perfect vignettes and the smashing of the belt seemed to be building towards a title match, Was there one? or was the smashing of the belt and then Hogan/Perfect in the Rumble more a culmination

Edited by Baz Windham

I'm currently running behind a bit and am catching up on all WWE TV via Sky+, so I only just got around to watching the Raw from a few weeks back which was guest hosted by Johnny Damon... Halfway through his opening in-ring promo, a woman invaded the ring chasing someone in a tiger costume? Theyshowed up again later in a backstage skit featuring the Bellas. My question is, what the fuck was that all about?!

• Paid Members
I'm currently running behind a bit and am catching up on all WWE TV via Sky+, so I only just got around to watching the Raw from a few weeks back which was guest hosted by Johnny Damon... Halfway through his opening in-ring promo, a woman invaded the ring chasing someone in a tiger costume? Theyshowed up again later in a backstage skit featuring the Bellas. My question is, what the fuck was that all about?!

It was an oh-so-topical Tiger Woods reference, hence the jilted woman going after "Tiger" with a golf club.

It was an oh-so-topical Tiger Woods reference, hence the jilted woman going after "Tiger" with a golf club.

Ha! I should have worked that out really! That's so bad it's almost brilliant! (Almost...)

• Paid Members
Did Mr Perfect ever get a title match with Hogan? I know they had a match on S.Night Main event which was after Hogan lost the belt but the perfect vignettes and the smashing of the belt seemed to be building towards a title match, Was there one? or was the smashing of the belt and then Hogan/Perfect in the Rumble more a culmination

Perfect had a run with Hogan around the house show circuit and also with The Warrior once he became champion. As far as the TV audience was concerned, he never got a 1 on 1 shot but he had a good run.

Quick and probably easy question, just because I can't be arsed to look. When did Raw start going live every week (barring the odd exception, obviously)? Off the top of my head, I'd guessed maybe the TNN switch in September 00 or when Smackdown came along and they couldn't use Tuesdays anymore. Cheers.

• Paid Members
Quick and probably easy question, just because I can't be arsed to look. When did Raw start going live every week (barring the odd exception, obviously)? Off the top of my head, I'd guessed maybe the TNN switch in September 00 or when Smackdown came along and they couldn't use Tuesdays anymore. Cheers.

I'm sure it was a year earlier, in 1999.