UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members

On the UK Delta VHS release of "ECW Barely Legal 1997", is the Raven vs Terry Funk match cut to shreds by the BBFC overlords? I can't find anything to suggest it was. Thanks!

Edited by bAzTNM#1

On the UK Delta VHS release of "ECW Barely Legal 1997", is the Raven vs Terry Funk match cut to shreds by the BBFC overlords? I can't find anything to suggest it was. Thanks!

It's edited for about ten seconds early in the match because of Terry Funk's blood loss. I watched the UK Delta VHS release when it came out and years later I watched the unedited version.

Edited by The Natural

• Paid Members

It's edited for about ten seconds early in the match because of Terry Funk's blood loss. I watched the UK Delta VHS release when it came out and years later I watched the unedited version.

Thanks for that! It does seem an odd place to cut though. Cut out whatever Raven is doing to Funk, but show his massively bloody face right in the camera. You'd think they'd have cut it the other way around.

• Paid Members

Did Lanny Poffo ever actually work a match in WCW? Some say (Jericho) they saw his one and only match. Other places state he never wrestled but picked up $150,000 for several years he was under contract.

• Paid Members
Did Lanny Poffo ever actually work a match in WCW? Some say (Jericho) they saw his one and only match. Other places state he never wrestled but picked up $150,000 for several years he was under contract.

I can only find one match where he grappled using his real name..

WCW @ Ft. Myers, FL - Lee Civic Center - October 14, 1997

WCW Saturday Night taping:

Lanny Poffo defeated an unknown

Chris Jericho defeated Rick Fuller

Nothing in 1998 or 1999.

Just incase i'll spoiler tag this question as it's about a potential spoiler in the Wrestlemania Thread so don't read if you don't go in there.

<-- click on 'spoiler' to show/hide the spoiler

I saw the first post that said someone had been spotted in Miami, I have a pretty good idea who it is but don't want it spelling out if I can avoid it, I assmue people are now talking about it spoiler free? If so i'll stay out of there until Mania. I only ask because I would like to keep up with the pre-Mania chat if they're not.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();
Edited by Baz Windham

• Paid Members
Just incase i'll spoiler tag this question as it's about a potential spoiler in the Wrestlemania Thread so don't read if you don't go in there.

I saw the first post that said someone had been spotted in Miami, I have a pretty good idea who it is but don't want it spelling out if I can avoid it, I assmue people are now talking about it spoiler free? If so i'll stay out of there until Mania. I only ask because I would like to keep up with the pre-Mania chat if they're not.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Aye it's being discussed now, it's all just conjecture at this stage though. Nothing confirmed.

[close spoiler]

");document.close();

Aye it's being discussed now, it's all just conjecture at this stage though. Nothing confirmed.

Thanks. Yeah it could and probably will be nothing but i'll play it safe with it being Mania.

Was it Rey Misterio Sr. alongside Konan in the international tag tournament at Starrcade ’90? If so, why did the on screen graphic say “Misteric” (Jim Ross also used this name on commentary) and then the ring announcer when announcing the victory in the first round say “Misteriso”?

It certainly was him. I can only assume the mistakes were a combination of WCW production fucking up and some sort of mistake in translation (or even someone's hand-writing) somewhere.

Still, you'd think someone listening backstage would have heard of the bloke and know what his name was to inform JR!

.. I thought the ring announcer called him "Rey Misterioso" ?

Edited by Dirty Eddie