UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

just wondering if any wrestling is shown on SS 1 or 2? my mate gave me his sky id for my xbox, but you only get SS 1 and 2 as far as I am aware. I only really got it for boxing and wrestling.

Nope - you get all 5 Sky Sports channels streamed live through the XBox, so you should be fine.

Sorry about that, I thought it was like Freeview where you could only get the 2 channels. Nice, all my mates are getting/giving their friends/relatives IDs to share Sky Sports, its pretty fuking cool.

Edited by HeavyT

• Paid Members

Have a look on Wikipedia - "List of WWE Champions" and "List of World Heavyweight Champions (WWE)" - search the page for February and March, then check the date against the Wrestlemania date from that year. Would've done it myself, because it's an interesting question, but I'm busy.

Is there still a wrestling scene in Germany? I mean like a proper one where guys get paid and spend months out there wrestling, I know JBL and Y2J among others spent time there and made enough to live on, is it still like that?

Enough to live on I think was a bit of a stretch. In fact most of the guys doing germany would have been roughing it pretty badly during the 90's. And yes there is still a scene in Germany but I think it is about the same level as the UK Scene

What is the closest date prior to any Wrestlemania that either of the top two titles have changed hands?

Unless I've missed something, it was when Eddie Guerrero won the WWE Title at No Way Out 2004. This was because Wrestlemania was so early that year, and meant it was just one day off of being a month prior.

• Paid Members
Is there still a wrestling scene in Germany? I mean like a proper one where guys get paid and spend months out there wrestling, I know JBL and Y2J among others spent time there and made enough to live on, is it still like that?

Enough to live on I think was a bit of a stretch. In fact most of the guys doing germany would have been roughing it pretty badly during the 90's. And yes there is still a scene in Germany but I think it is about the same level as the UK Scene

Cheers, I figured that was the case, seems a shame, I liked the way the business used to be and guys like Jericho and JBL really paid their dues going about and wrestling everywhere (as well as there being a healthy scene for the locals obviously), all things change though I guess, wonder if it will ever be possible to live comfortably as an indie wrestler in Europe (or anywhere) again

• Paid Members
What is the closest date prior to any Wrestlemania that either of the top two titles have changed hands?

Road Dogg won the Intercontinental Title after beating Val Venis on the 19th March 1999.

Wrestlemania 15's Intercontinental Championship match was supposed to be a 4-Way with Billy Gunn, Ken Shamrock, Goldust and Val Venis. Road Dogg ended up taking Billy Gunn's place in that elimination match. Wrestlemania 15 was held on the 28th March 1999.

• Paid Members
Will wrestlemania be worth purchasing on Sky this year?

The event itself will be worth watching if you like WWE at all.

If you'll watch it alone anyway and have the facilities to file share and don't mind being exposed to spoilers there's no reason you wouldn't be just as well off watching it the next day or when it suits you.

If getting it on Sky means having mates over or having a particularly great time or if that's the only way you could possibly see it then it's probably more worth it.

I always download PPVs but I'll watch Wrestlemania live with mates, that's how I've rolled the last few years, makes it more special.