UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

I'm looking to buy one of the Hulk Hogan boxsets the WWE released. Can anyone recommend me which is the best one to get? Cheers

It depends if you have any of his WWF PPV matches on other sets and what you are looking for. Both sets released after the name change are decent, the first includes alot of his bigger matches (1st title win against Iron Sheik, early Wrestlemania's, Starrcade against Sting, 2002 PPV returns etc) and can be found here:

http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Hul...VD-4-Discs.html

The second is as the name suggest all previously Unreleased on official DVDs, so unless you have DVD-R's or old tapes your not going to have any doubles. I myself just watched the set and really enjoyed it. http://www.silvervision.co.uk/products/Hul...VD-3-Discs.html. I preferred the second one as I have the Tagged Classics so the first is only really for the early WWF and the WCW stuff. The second one can be found on Amazon brand new for

• Paid Members
How is it Demolition were in WrestleFest and Randy Savage wasn't?

Might be wrong but i think Savage may of been in one version of the game for a specific console (maybe one of the SEGA ones at the time?) and even then it may of been a non-playable charecter.

Will do a bit of research regarding the above!

• Paid Members
Thought it only ever came out on arcade coin-op cabinet?

Are you thinking of the old RAW game on the 16 bit systems that had different rosters per console Boyo lad?

Probably, i was looking it up on wiki then and wrestlefest doesnt mention Savage at all! My mistake!

I'd guess it was probably just to get a tag team in there seeing as the game only had a tag format. They already had LOD , so maybe they wanted to even it up with a heel team, and Demolition were the most recognisable and established one. I agree though, it does seem a bit of a strange inclusion as i'm sure most kids would rather just play as the Hart Foundation or the Rockers if they wanted to go as a tag team.

Also maybe, Savage wasn't doing much around the time the roster was set for the game (sometime in those few months between SSeries 90 and Rumble 91 I'd guess), and had been mostly back in the midcard feuding with Rhodes through 1990.

You could probably also question why the Undertaker wasn't in it (or Rick Rude, if the cut-off was actually prior to Survivor Series)

Edited by Reznor

• Paid Members
So I was watching Royal Rumble 2002 just now and Rikishi gave the Big Bossman a stinkface. Now, did Rikishi actually rub his arse into the faces of the wrestlers every time he did the stinkface?

According to reports at the time, the "Depth" of the stinkface came from how well he liked you as a friend. The arse would always "make contact" with the victim, but if he didnt like you he would pull the pants right up and really rub it in there.

I always assumed it was because the game came out somewhere between Wrestlemania VI and Survivor Series '91 and Savage wasn't an active wrestler.
But Savage "retired" at the same time as Demolition became background jobbers. If the game's representing a post-WM VII WWF, I'd have thought it'd be the Nasty Boys in.

I always assumed it was because the game came out somewhere between Wrestlemania VI and Survivor Series '91 and Savage wasn't an active wrestler.
But Savage "retired" at the same time as Demolition became background jobbers. If the game's representing a post-WM VII WWF, I'd have thought it'd be the Nasty Boys in.
There was an old article in an issue of Retro Gamer or something along those lines that stated he was meant to be in the game when it was in development in 90 but was took out during the later stages due to his upcoming on-screen 'retirement'. Tito Santana was the unluckiest wrestler in these cases, he never made it the games despite being still hugely over till late 92.

Partly inspired by this forum's excellent booking contest, I've been toying with making a BTB to stave off boredom and give me something to do. I've got most of the basics laid out, but I'm booking a Cruiserweight division with a variety of talent including guys from Canada, Mexico, Japan and all around the world. However, I'm looking for a guy to have a Dean Malenko-style role, and I'm not sure who. Doug Williams was mentioned, but wondered if anyone has any ideas?Also, I'm light on Japanese talent, does anyone have any suggestions to Japanese guys mainly based in the USA or ones that would just work well?