UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

What happened to Jackson Andrews, the bloke that was hanging about with Tyson Kidd? He seemed to have debuted and disappeared in the space of a month...

They realised he was rubbish. Him doing house shows and a few dark matches for a couple of weeks before his TV debut didn't convince them, but 30 seconds of interference after a match did.

• Paid Members
Simple question. Was Survivor Series 96 a success? Buyrate wise?

Did a 0.58, same rating as SummerSlam the same year, more than either of the IYH events either side. Up ever so marginally from 0.57 the previous year. Pretty much par for the course.

What time our time does Dragon Gate ippv come on tonight?

Edited by air_raid_crash

Simple question. Was Survivor Series 96 a success? Buyrate wise?

Did a 0.58, same rating as SummerSlam the same year, more than either of the IYH events either side. Up ever so marginally from 0.57 the previous year. Pretty much par for the course.

What time our time does Dragon Gate ippv come on tonight?

Cheers mate.

• Paid Members

If you're looking for buyrate info, bookmark this page - http://100megsfree4.com/wiawrestling/pages/wwf/wwfppvbr.htm

Interesting to see big 4 ppv buy rates carried on stagnating into 1997 but started picking up after the Austin/Bret double turn.

• Paid Members

Looking at the buyrate for Survivor Series 97, only shows how big a Michaels vs Hart rematch would have been at WrestleMania 13. People really wanted to see that match. Am sure looking back at WM13, nobody wishes that Bret vs Shawn took place now. If it did, we wouldnt have gotten the Submission match or a Sid vs Undertaker main event!

Strangly enough, Hogan's contract ran out in late 1996 and McMahon and Hogan had a meeting about him returning. WWF couldnt afford him, but would have been an interesting one to see if they would. They gave Bret Hart a mad contract in late 1996. Hogan would have been worth it, considering what they have taken from WCW's business on top of what they'd gain buyrate wise.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members

Interesting thing for me is if the original plan for Hart/Michaels, according to Bret where he regains the title from Shawn then they lead to a big third (and final) match where he drops the title back to Shawn once and for all, him going off into the sunset and Michaels firmly established as THE MAN. Would Bret still have turned? Would the matches been better than the Iron Man match? Whats often lost in the shuffle of Montreal is that it was a tidy little match. As a Hitman enthusiast/fanboy, it always riles me that Shawn took the title from Bret twice without Bret ever taking it from him.

As for Austin's career, from the enthusiasm MSG showed him at Survivors 96, I imagine it would have been only a matter of time before he got over like Rover anyway, but obviously his performance against Hitman in Chicago really marked him as a BMF and shot him into the stratosphere. Now that I think about it... I would have loved to see Austin's title era start by taking the title from Bret and completing that particular circle, instead of taking it from Michaels. Never mind.

• Paid Members

Bret was definitely turning. It was set in motion in early 96. There was talk he was going to turn in mid-95 to feud with Diesel. He never shook Michaels' hand after the Iron Man match and he'd stormed out for months in a huff apparently. When he came back his character was a moaner and completely different to before he left. I believe he was going to play a moaning babyface up until the Michaels rematch and was going to cheat and put him out with an injury of some kind. It was apparently going to establishing tapping out in the WWF, because Shamrock was going to be the referee, Bret was going to snap Michaels ankle and make him tap in the sharpshooter and them destroy him after the match. They sort of used this premise with Austin. Then when Michaels returned, he'd beat Bret clean in the middle. Michaels wasnt connecting with the buyer at the time. They were desperate to get a bit of sympathy and make people like him more than they had done.

Edited by Ian_hitmanhart

• Paid Members
Michaels wasnt connecting with the buyer at the time.

He certainly wasn't connecting with me. Firstly because I was a Bret Hart kid, and secondly because I suspected sissy boy dancer Michaels with his assless chaps was a homosexual. At 14, I suspected homosexuality might be wrong. That was of course before age and wisdom made me realize it definitely is.

• Paid Members
Firstly, I apologise if this has been asked a gazillion times, but does anybody know of any good streaming sites apart from justin.tv (which never works for me) to watch the Rumble tomorrow?

Same here, Justin.tv has been bollocks for a while now. If someone wouldn't mind dropping me a PM with a link that'd be proper bo. Was meant to be going to a Royal Rumble party around my mates but need a back-up if things fall through. :)