UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

• Paid Members
Maybe I'm old fashioned but I've always assumed that a decent heavyweight boxer would totally annihilate a heavyweight MMA fighter. Even in UFC a decent punch often ends a bout. I would imagine Lewise would have won pretty quickly.

Pat "pedo" smith at UFC 2. Now that was good stuff :love:

Given he got fucked up later on, but still.

Maybe I'm old fashioned but I've always assumed that a decent heavyweight boxer would totally annihilate a heavyweight MMA fighter. Even in UFC a decent punch often ends a bout. I would imagine Lewise would have won pretty quickly.

I would think a decent MMA fighter would take a decent boxer.

..However when you go into credentials of the fighters from each disipline it becomes a little more patchy to call.

Good mma fighter verses bad boxer/bad mma fighter verses good boxer/...bad boxer verses bad mma fighter :)

I'm not an expert on MMA, but didn't former UFC champ Tim Sylia recently get knocked out in 6 seconds by an ageing boxer under MMA rules? That would strongly support my instinct :confused:

..However when you go into credentials of the fighters from each disipline it becomes a little more patchy to call.

Good mma fighter verses bad boxer/bad mma fighter verses good boxer/...bad boxer verses bad mma fighter :)

I'm not an expert on MMA, but didn't former UFC champ Tim Sylia recently get knocked out in 6 seconds by an ageing boxer under MMA rules? That would strongly support my instinct :confused:

Yup, "Timmeh" got his clock well and truly cleaned.

....I had no idea...I also have no come back on this one :blush:

Well yeah, but Sylvia is a pretty immobile, one-dimensional fighter and his chin is suspect as fuck. Randy Couture is nothing special as a boxer and he knocked him loopy. Fedor knocked him cold. And once you've been knocked out, it becomes much easier to knock you out again. And again. And again.

The thing is that yes, a good boxer will have better punching technique, so if you leave yourself open he'll probably hurt you worse than a guy who spends his whole time training MMA. But he'll have no defence for kicks, takedowns and submissions. He'll probably find it awkward to stay in a clinch and deal with knees. It's a different game, you know? Boxers are better boxers. MMA fighters are better MMA fighters.

That's like saying it's pointless to speculate on Bear v Tiger, as one operates in woodland and one on the plains. I know for sure I'd pay to see them fight, and my money's on the bear.

They discussed Bear Vs. Lion matches on QI a while back. The lion had no chance. As soon as it got anywhere close to the bear, the bear would just smash its face off. The lion couldn't do any harm because it couldn't get close enough to use its teeth.

They discussed Bear Vs. Lion matches on QI a while back. The lion had no chance. As soon as it got anywhere close to the bear, the bear would just smash its face off. The lion couldn't do any harm because it couldn't get close enough to use its teeth.

All that, plus Bear's are rock.

• Paid Members
That's how I've always loved MMA. Olden days.

Couldn't agree more. UFC was more fun when it was more a case of different styles clashing and they actually fucked each other up good and proper.

Also Keith Hackney is greater than any current UFC name,