UKFF Questions Thread V2

neil

Does anybody know how many copies of Powerslam and FSM are sold each month?

No idea about FSM. I remember a long, long time ago, Finlay Martin saying that PS did 10-12k a month, depending largely on who was on the cover. I imagine that went up a bit during the boom years and has since slipped back a bit, but I couldn't be sure.

FSM probably looks better as a first-time purchase because it's thicker, but I suspect it doesn't have the same repeat-purchase rate that PS has. How that might affect sales figures, I have no idea.

What was the storyline reason as to why Backlund "cross-faced chickenwinged" the shit out of Bret Hart? Cheers.

Frustration.

During his challenge to Bret Hart's WWF Title, he hooked in a small package and was a fingernail away from getting the win - so close that it almost looked like he'd won. About 30 seconds later, Bret did the same move and got the pin.

Afterwards, Bret offered his hand - Backlund slapped him, hooked in the chickenwing and went loopy.

Did TNA Epics air last Friday? I can't find it on the Virgin Media OnDemand service at all.

If I'm not getting my weekends mixed up, I couldn't see it on the EPG on Sky last Fri. It aired straight after iMPACT! on Saturday. I think it was a Knockouts themed episode, so I didn't bother to record it.

• Paid Members
Does anybody know how many copies of Powerslam and FSM are sold each month?

No idea about FSM. I remember a long, long time ago, Finlay Martin saying that PS did 10-12k a month, depending largely on who was on the cover. I imagine that went up a bit during the boom years and has since slipped back a bit, but I couldn't be sure.

FSM probably looks better as a first-time purchase because it's thicker, but I suspect it doesn't have the same repeat-purchase rate that PS has. How that might affect sales figures, I have no idea.

I'm sure there is/was a book issued every 6 months with circulation figures/details about all UK magazines. When i was at college we had to use it for research methods.

I can't remember the name of it though, any ideas anyone?

If that book contains the ABC audit figures, I doubt Power Slam will be in there because they're not audited as far as I'm aware. To verify Kenny's figure, I remember John Lister's Hulk Who? saying that Power Slam did around 12k a month. These days they may be in the high four-figures what with the wrestling industry downturn and magazines simply not being as popular as they were, but this is speculation on my behalf.

Edited by daztraction