The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members

The problem with the grainy, shitty quality of these alien videos is that it's grainer and shitter than film was at the time they're claiming it was recorded.

Look at it this way, This footage is supposedly younger than The Wizard Of Oz, possibly by 20 years. If anyone here has seen the Auschwitz footage, then you'll know what kind of image quality the military had access to at the time Skinny Bob here was being filmed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

There's a new book, by apparently legitimate journalist and not just a nut, Annie Jacobson, about the truth behind Area 51, and why it's classified. According to the book, which was researched by interviewing 75 sources, with 32 of those having lived and worked at Area 51 in the 1950s, mostly all it was hiding was mundane secret-but-dull stuff that's not for public eyes. But when things get to Roswell, that's where it gets interesting. And fucking CRAZY.

Scroll down to 'Interview highlights'

The jist of it, is that a real flying disc did crash at Roswell, but a disc of human, third reich aerospace origin, that was Stalin's attempt to create a War of the Worlds-style panic in the United States by having it deliberately crash on American soil. The bodies inside the UFO? Children who'd been mutilated by infamous Nazi doctor, Josef Mengele, to resemble aliens. Yeah.

Stick 'Annie Jacobsen' into Google News, as it's all over the place.

• Moderators
There's a new book, by apparently legitimate journalist and not just a nut, Annie Jacobson, about the truth behind Area 51, and why it's classified. According to the book, which was researched by interviewing 75 sources, with 32 of those having lived and worked at Area 51 in the 1950s, mostly all it was hiding was mundane secret-but-dull stuff that's not for public eyes. But when things get to Roswell, that's where it gets interesting. And fucking CRAZY.

The jist of it, is that a real flying disc did crash at Roswell, but a disc of human, third reich aerospace origin, that was Stalin's attempt to create a War of the Worlds-style panic in the United States by having it deliberately crash on American soil. The bodies inside the UFO? Children who'd been mutilated by infamous Nazi doctor, Josef Mengele, to resemble aliens. Yeah.

That is a cool as fuck story. Although I do question the whole creation of such an aircraft. Surely it must be been flyable and not just dropped out of the sky? Perhaps not though.

• Moderators

That is a cool as fuck story. Although I do question the whole creation of such an aircraft. Surely it must be been flyable and not just dropped out of the sky? Perhaps not though.

The thing that doesn't sit right about this with me is that the whole Nazi flying disc legend is just that. There never were Nazi UFOs.

Then again, I guess it'd only need to be flyable enough to take off and crash, like those old black and white films of pre-Wright Bros olden times flying machines. They'd drive it out there and launch it, then get the fuck out. And it may have been more of a Flying Wing than a straight-up disc shape anyway, or whatever design would have been workable, but spacey enough to freak out the US.

• Paid Members
Surely it must be been flyable and not just dropped out of the sky? Perhaps not though.

It only really needed to be a V2 with a few extra years development behind it, launched out the back of a high altitude carrier.

Nice twist on the story though, although surely even mutilated children could be identified as such (along with the Soviet technology), and then used as a "look how stupid those damned Ruskies think we are" propaganda?

• Moderators
Surely it must be been flyable and not just dropped out of the sky? Perhaps not though.

It only really needed to be a V2 with a few extra years development behind it, launched out the back of a high altitude carrier.

Nice twist on the story though, although surely even mutilated children could be identified as such (along with the Soviet technology), and then used as a "look how stupid those damned Ruskies think we are" propaganda?

Depends how fucked up they were from the crash, maybe. And the fear of looking like their military was in any way involved with horribly mutilated children. I mean, wreckage like that, on American soil, right near to an air base? I don't know that I'd accept "Yeah, not us..." that easily if I was some 1950s guy.

The technology wouldn't have been recognisably Russian either. For one thing, if it was a genuine flying disc, or close, that's nothing like was being flown by any country, and design wise, they were specifically wanting it to look like a space ship.

I'm not saying I buy it, but it's a cool story. And I've definitely heard something kinda similar before, as far as the aliens go, with the bodies being 'retarded and deformed children' that were used as test pilots.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Paid Members

Depends how fucked up they were from the crash, maybe. And the fear of looking like their military was in any way involved with horribly mutilated children. I mean, wreckage like that, on American soil, right near to an air base? I don't know that I'd accept "Yeah, not us..." that easily if I was some 1950s guy.

I like the cut of your jib.

The technology wouldn't have been recognisably Russian either. For one thing, if it was a genuine flying disc, or close, that's nothing like was being flown by any country, and design wise, they were specifically wanting it to look like a space ship.

Military find a "space ship" and they will autopsy the fuck out of it. There's only so much that can be disguised, and at some point, someone must pull a part out of it and realise it's mid 1940s East European in origin.

• Moderators
Military find a "space ship" and they will autopsy the fuck out of it. There's only so much that can be disguised, and at some point, someone must pull a part out of it and realise it's mid 1940s East European in origin.

Probably, but by that time, the Crashed Saucer and Oopsie, Just a Weather Balloon stories are both out, so maybe they just classify the shit out of it. And there's no telling how much the 50's military, smartest minds or not, would buy into what appears to be a crashed UFO right at the birth of the flying saucer craze. Maybe some weird alien lettering on a piece of aluminium would be enough to muddy the waters for a while.

And both sides were constantly fucking with their own people and each other back then, with various UFO propaganda and misinformation, and social experiments to see how people would deal with alien contact. Also, neither were above faking mass sightings so that other countries would think "Fuck, the aliens want to talk to the Americans..."

Not to sound like a Duane style nut, but there's a great book called Mirage Men, all about how most of the big UFO stories were deliberately leaked and stirred by the government for various reasons. In light of that, this isn't so crazy.

Edited by Woyzeck

• Moderators

The thing that discredits it most of all for me is simply the way Roswell came into legend in the first place. It's supposed to have happened in 1947, and despite there being a huge cottage industry in recent years, with dozens and dozens of witnesses who've talked at length about the incredible things they saw back then, nobody said a thing until the book that came out in 1980 and opened the floodgates. There was no Roswell until that book came out. It was just a forgotten incident, with those two newspaper reports, with nobody in any rush to remember how they'd handled space-metal or seen bodies. The first witness statements were almost 35 years after anything happened.

In fact, the stuff about the alien bodies came even later in the mythology. One dude, the mortician I think, said he'd seen them, then suddenly everyone in a 50 mile area has a story about how they or their parents or grandparents had witnessed the dead aliens for themselves. Once the aliens were mentioned, every anecdote about Roswell had to involve them, whereas anything predating that had no mention at all, and only talked about the wreckage. It's just a great American myth that retroactively wrote itself into popular culture, bigger and bigger with each telling, some 40 years after the fact.

I've got a great book that I bought when I was a teenager called Projekt UFO, all about the Nazi flying saucer tech. Are you telling me it's all bollocks, Woyzeck? Don't spoil it :(

• 1 month later...