The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

I love some of the responses to him on youtube:

"stop asking questions. stop taking videos. do not make this difficult for us in the future."

:D

• Paid Members
I've seen one, and did a documentary on them for a college project. It all stems from in the 60's when keeping exotic animals such as large cats suddenly required a license. People couldn't afford the license/couldn't be bothered with it and set the animals loose. There's nothing 'alien' or paranormal about it.

While I definitely agree with you that it's so obviously true that the only mystery is why people still don't believe it, the exotic pet law explanation actually doesn't hold water. There was a piece on the Fortean Times a while back, where some guy actually looked into that, rather than assuming like everyone has until now, and there were nowhere near enough Crazy Rich Folks with big cats, or even people inhabiting certain places they'd been sighted, nor was there a jump in sightings around the time the law kicked in.

We interviewed several people for our documentary including ex keepers and a man who at the time was asked to take a load of these animals on. One man had a pair of ocelots that he had hoped to breed. He told us that in the late 60's authorities began 'interfering' with him keeping these animals. The fight from animal welfare and the general public to have the keeping of these animals lasted for years before they finally passed the law in 1976. The 'ocelot bloke' then told us that by the early 70's he was so pissed off with everyone having their nose in his business he set them both free, also adding that he believed at the time the female was pregnant and he couldn't afford to keep the parents and the litter. Yeah he was a bit of a derp.

Another man I spoke to tried to set up his own sanctuary to take these abandoned animals on, specifically exotic breeds of cats. He said at the time he was aware of hundreds of cases where the owners had set free all different types of cats, and that because of the new law people would have to leave their details so many owners didn't want to do it. We asked him for his opinion on these cats breeding and becoming the 'mystery big cats' so many people have seen. He told us there was 'no doubt' and that 'there is no reason why these animals would not survive in the British climate, and even flourish'.

The reason so many more sightings are being reported nowadays is because there is now a larger population for people to spot.

Desperately trying to find someone who still has a copy of it.

I love some of the responses to him on youtube:

"stop asking questions. stop taking videos. do not make this difficult for us in the future."

:D

The flood of "We're watching you" responses is hilarious. Also look out for someone who's posted a comment under the guise of the NSA too. Inspired. Baiting nutters = fun.

Some hightlights from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV4FJQ1uthA

We've gained access to your accounts.

All of them.

- The FBI

I'm gonna have to ask you to stop documenting FBI activities for your own safety. This is your final warning.

Please continue to document the FBI activities as they are of great interest to us. Not complying would not be wise. - The G.R.O.U.P.
Edited by matbro1984

• Paid Members
Some hightlights from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV4FJQ1uthA

We've gained access to your accounts.

All of them.

- The FBI

I'm gonna have to ask you to stop documenting FBI activities for your own safety. This is your final warning.

Please continue to document the FBI activities as they are of great interest to us. Not complying would not be wise. - The G.R.O.U.P.

:laugh:

Amazing. I fancy a MacDonalds now...

That sounds really interesting, if you find it post it up here!

Edit: to Kookachu, not Neil. That wasn't interesting.

Edited by Loki

• Paid Members

Well I'm clearly going to be spending the next 3 or 4 hours going through all of this guys videos. He's amazing. It appears he just steals stuff from stores, then when he gets thrown out he accuses them of being FBI agents.

If we all chip in together could we buy Duane a camcorder so he could document his life in this way?