The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Paid Members
All these children's programs with poor grammar and madeup words are bad IMO. When I was a kid Floella Benjamin used to read proper fucking stories and lo and behold my language use is vastly superior to most kids growing up nowadays.

Its all a conspiracy to make sure the next generation become dumb sheep and follow the whims and wills of the New World Order.

This is good for a laugh. There are a couple of videos on YouTube suggesting that BBC children's programme Waybuloo is part of a New World Order conspiracy on the part of the Beeb to brainwash children into new age practices.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTvWF_AzLQ&feature=fvsr

Looks like the type of horseshit that Duane would believe.

I want to believe that purely because I hate Waybuloo so much. Awful program. Aside from the fact it's so annoying, the language (or lack of) is dreadful. It's not 'Yogo' It's YOGA, They're not 'Cheebies' they're CHILDREN. There's no way in hell I let Dyllan watch a show that thinks using language such as "Nok-tok no play with cheebies???" is acceptable.

Ugh.

Is that a typo or did you really give your lad that name?

• Paid Members
No, his name is Dyllan. Before you start bitching about how it's an awful thing to do for a name, go read through the pregnancy thread because the other haters beat you to it over 2 years ago. *YAWN*

I think it's a lovely name, don't listen to them. It's just another step by the ADS I tell you! If you look at it from a side view though it's a whole other angle ;)

No, his name is Dyllan. Before you start bitching about how it's an awful thing to do for a name, go read through the pregnancy thread because the other haters beat you to it over 2 years ago. *YAWN*

Would you like some fish with that chip on your shoulder, love?

I'm not hating, it was a genuine query because I've honestly never seen "Dyllan" spelt like that.

• Paid Members

I'm not hating, it was a genuine query because I've honestly never seen "Dyllan" spelt like that.

Lol sorry I'm not in the best of moods today.

Yeah I had allways wanted that name if I ever had a boy, For some reason I spelt it that way and it stuck. TBH there's alot worse I could've done than sticking an extra 'L' in there.

Lol sorry I'm not in the best of moods today.

Yeah I had allways wanted that name if I ever had a boy, For some reason I spelt it that way and it stuck. TBH there's alot worse I could've done than sticking an extra 'L' in there.

I got annoyed myself earlier in the week as I received a congratulations card that spelt my new daughter's middle name "DENICE". I saw the friend who sent it soon after and she said "I thought it was Denise with an S but was texted the name spelt with a C [by a mutual friend] so I thought it was one of those new, trendy spellings."

Right, yeah. I'm not old-fashioned, except when it comes to my kids' names. Besides, I don't know of anyone who'd be gormless enough to spell Denise "DENICE", but I don't doubt some daft parents somewhere out there have.

• Paid Members
Right, yeah. I'm not old-fashioned, except when it comes to my kids' names. Besides, I don't know of anyone who'd be gormless enough to spell Denise "DENICE", but I don't doubt some daft parents somewhere out there have.

Me and my wife made a pact that we would only call our kids names that would lead Al Murray to comment, "Beautiful British name!"

To be fair the way the question was worded did sound like you were calling her out on it i.e. "Did you really give your lad that name?"

It's an extra 'L' hardly Chardonnay-Beyonce territory.

Not saying that's what you intended but you could certainly read it that way.