The Fortean/paranormal/conspiracy thread

Astro Hollywood

• Moderators
He was repeating back what they'd said, and I'm sure he thought he wasn't doing it loudly enough for the mics to pick up on it, using the c word as he did. Just before that, Ciaran heard laughing and someone saying "I'm on the phone," presumably to whoever else was in the room with the prankster.

I don't know how they got through to a dedicated phoneline, but the fact they never mentioned it again during the whole show shows that they knew it was a prank and completely dismissed it.

Ah, I see.

Actually, looks like I was wrong, it was Karl telling them to cunt off. He had to issue a grovelling apology for his language at the top of the show.

Actually, looks like I was wrong, it was Karl telling them to cunt off. He had to issue a grovelling apology for his language at the top of the show.

The fact that they've dropped the phone idea altogether says it all really.

What did you make of the Pendle witches making a return?

• Moderators

The fact that they've dropped the phone idea altogether says it all really.

What did you make of the Pendle witches making a return?

Wonderfully predictable, and tremendous fun. Ever since the MHL at Pendle Hill where they all dropped like flies - amazing TV, if only for a live demonstration of mass hysteria - the Pendle Witches have been like the Green Goblin to MH's Spider-Man, making these surprise returns to put the shits up everyone, under the pretext of "we remember you from before, and we've been waiting..."

Edited by Woyzeck

• Moderators
Yeah, I was kind of hoping for some more action to be honest, but I guess they could be slowly building for Halloween.

Brian Shepherd, the psychic artist, is excellent. I like his over the top style.

Their legs were cut off a bit tonight by having to leave for the other location and fill for twenty minutes, but I fully expect Stu to be throwing himself down flights of stairs before Saturday is out.

I loved Brian on the walkabouts, because he'd be so quiet, then when everything was silent and tense he'd shout OH GOD out of nowhere and for no apparent reason, setting off a load of screaming.

• Moderators
Do you have any idea why Brian has been sidelined pretty much?

I don't know, but since David Wells left, and with all the Derek antics, I don't think they want to give off the idea of a permanent medium, and seem to regularly shake things up a bit to keep it fresh. Billy Roberts was the main guy during the last live shows, but he's barely been seen this past week. The Scottish guy is on the new series.

In other Most Haunted news, tonight I had a hit on my blog for the search string of "julian clegg penis"

Edited by Woyzeck

• 1 month later...