325 replies to this topic

#316 king_dezeeuw06

king_dezeeuw06

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 899 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:12 PM

Bit late, but my top 10 finishers in no particular order, not restricted to WWE;Awful Waffel -Chuck TaylorCanadian Destroyer - Petey WilliamsGTS - KentaTop Rope Brain Buster - El GenericoCop Killa / Drakes Landing - Homicide / Drake YoungerPackage Pile Driver - Kevin SteenVan Terminator - Rob Van DamTotal Elimination - The EliminatorsJoker Drive / Jesus Walks combo - Phillies Most WantedWarriors Way - Low KiWhenever any of them happen they look awesome / devastating.

Support British Indy Wrestling

#317 IANdrewDiceClay

IANdrewDiceClay

Wrestling Poster of the Year 2009

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,067 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

I'm not sure if that botch was a work or legit

Well if it was a botch, it couldn't be a work could it? Also, it wasn't a work. Big Show's not going to take a head first bump to get an angle over. And Hogan and Bischoff's faces went white at ringside.

Posted Image

#318 PunkStep

PunkStep

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 07:51 PM

Awful Waffel -Chuck Taylor Canadian Destroyer - Petey Williams GTS - Kenta Top Rope Brain Buster - El Generico Cop Killa / Drakes Landing - Homicide / Drake Younger Package Pile Driver - Kevin Steen Van Terminator - Rob Van Dam Total Elimination - The Eliminators Joker Drive / Jesus Walks combo - Phillies Most Wanted Warriors Way - Low Ki

I think you set the tone for that list with the first word.
Posted Image
Consistently consistent consistency.

#319 PSF

PSF

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:02 AM

The Gore - Rhyno

Posted Image

Gore, Gore, Goorrree!!!

Characterised by Paul Heymans immortal phrase, “Gore, Gore, Gore”. This is one the most brutal moves ever when hit correctly. His much more aggressive version of the spear, could very well be the most aptly name move since the headbutt, since he quite literally looks like a Rhino taking out some skinny little Wildebeest on the African plains when hitting his opponent with this move. It’s hard to do this move justice, especially when comparing it to some of the poor variations of the spear out there (I’m looking at you Mr Copeland).

Edited by PSF, 15 October 2012 - 11:22 AM.

#320 PSF

PSF

Mid Carder

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:21 AM

Chokeslam - Kane/Undertaker

Most people voted for Kanes version here, but a few voted for Kane and Undertaker and one voted for Chokeslam by "anyone", so we will have a bit of both.

Posted Image

Posted Image

So who has the best Chokeslam between these two?

The Undertaker had it mastered back in the day, even managing to Chokeslam Yokozuna at one point. His version where the guy taking it would support themselves on Takers shoulder for the delayed version (see Triple H) was always a great visual. Really made Taker look like a monster holding H up by the throat for a few seconds before dropping him.

Kanes can look vicious as hell, but is sometimes all down to the leap of the opponent. Kanes looks especially impressive when he lifts his opponent with both arms before planting him using only one. They've gotten weaker over the years but still the most impactful looking while remaining safe.

Whose was better? You decide...

Edited by PSF, 15 October 2012 - 11:21 AM.

#321 HarmonicGenerator

HarmonicGenerator

UKFF Battle Rap Winner 2012

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:41 AM

I suspect I was the one who voted for a chokeslam by 'anyone'. It's my favourite move, I couldn't place exactly why, it just looks great and, I dunno, almost iconic, I suppose. Not enough chokeslams, that's the root of the problems in wrestling at the moment, I'm certain.

#322 Ian 86

Ian 86

Card Filler

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:47 AM

Whose was better? You decide...

Big Show
http://gifgarage.blo...asked-kane.html

#323 Carbomb

Carbomb
  • Paid Members
  • -12,561 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 11:58 AM

That and the Uranage one. "It's not a uranage because uranage means throw behind in japanese" or something.

I'm probably the only person who's ever argued that on here, and I gave up because even if it's accepted as true (which it is), people are just going to keep using it.

#324 Carbomb

Carbomb
  • Paid Members
  • -12,561 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:05 PM

On a serious note, why do you think the Boss Man suddenly started doing the spinning Boss Man Slam? I think it was either he had to make it look special because he was doing more jobs than Barry Horowitz by that point or he thought "Attitude era and all that, best take this to the Xtreme~~".

I always thought it was because they didn't want it looking too similar to the Rock Bottom.

#325 PunkStep

PunkStep

European Champion

• Paid Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,968 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

I don't think it looks anything like a Rock Bottom. For a start, the Rock Bottom is a uranage... ;)
Posted Image
Consistently consistent consistency.

#326 Carbomb

Carbomb
  • Paid Members
  • -12,561 posts

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:37 PM

I don't think it looks anything like a Rock Bottom. For a start, the Rock Bottom is a uranage...

;)

Posted Image