General Movie (Film for snobs) News Thread

CaptainCharisma

• Paid Members
That better not be slagging off of Jason Takes Manhattan I see in there, chokeout :angry:

I could never hate a film where someone gets their head punched clean off

When I first saw this, many years ago it was cut to buggery. Thankfully now we can see the effects as was originally intended.

It annoys me that they still release the edited versions of the films in this country, must be at least 3 different versions of them available at the min (New Line releases, Boxset relase, R1 Boxset release and the new boxset that is coming out, all with various edits)

I'll be there on opening night for Phantom Menace. I know it's shit, Lucas has raped my childhood and Jar Jar Binks needs his head punching off but it comes out in cinemas on my birthday and I fucking love Star Wars (see my pic in the tattoo thread). It's just an exscuse to go out in fancy dress and get fucking hammered.

That better not be slagging off of Jason Takes Manhattan I see in there, chokeout :angry:

When I first saw this, many years ago it was cut to buggery. Thankfully now we can see the effects as was originally intended.

It annoys me that they still release the edited versions of the films in this country, must be at least 3 different versions of them available at the min (New Line releases, Boxset relase, R1 Boxset release and the new boxset that is coming out, all with various edits)

Does this new boxset include Part 9 and Jason X? I had to buy 9 on Region 1 import as it's just not available here and Jason X is so shockinglly shit, it's great.

• Paid Members

Does this new boxset include Part 9 and Jason X? I had to buy 9 on Region 1 import as it's just not available here and Jason X is so shockinglly shit, it's great.

I love Jason X! It is beyond terrible though to be fair, i just love the bit with the lady cyborg "Kills" jason, before he gets re-built into Cyber-Jason.

Speaking of that movie, it was on Film 4 recently, and didnt have loads of generic late 90's early 2000's heavy metal music in it, and had a very bad B-movie style sound track all the way through. Didnt it used to have various crazey metal songs in there? Such as "Let the bodies hit the floor" etc?

• Paid Members

I love Jason X! It is beyond terrible though to be fair, i just love the bit with the lady cyborg "Kills" jason, before he gets re-built into Cyber-Jason.

Speaking of that movie, it was on Film 4 recently, and didnt have loads of generic late 90's early 2000's heavy metal music in it, and had a very bad B-movie style sound track all the way through. Didnt it used to have various crazey metal songs in there? Such as "Let the bodies hit the floor" etc?

Yeah and its a really shitty transfer that makes it look like a made for TV movie. I remember seeing it in the cinema and loving how shit it was

a quick update on Adam Sandler's "masterpiece" Jack and jill which is released this month in the U.S. Feburary is when we are treated to it

on the rotten tomatoes websites after 22 reviews it as currently 0 positive ones

LINK

I think he's trying to pull a 'the producers' with this

• Paid Members

Not really. Adam Sandler is shit and almost all his films are shit. Furthermore, Dennis Dugan is one of the worst directors of all time and if he ever made a good film it would be, like Paul WS Anderson with Event Horizon, a complete fluke.

sorry to harp on about it but jack and jill is now up to 3% with 2 good reviews out of 61.

and it has one of the funniest descriptions of a film ive ever seen

Although it features an inexplicably committed performance from Al Pacino, Jack and Jill is impossible to recommend on any level whatsoever

:D