Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

I can't believe the damage he's done to his life and his reputation. He was a seemingly good family man, well respected by fans and peers, loved by his bosses, cert for the hall of fame, almost guaranteed a job for life backstage and it's all gone in one weekend.

• Paid Members

It depends on how strongly his friends lobby for that to not happen.I agree with the poster above who said that for your very close friends or family, it doesn't matter what they've done, you'd still support them and fight for them. I hope that those who spoke so tearfully on Raw will fight for the memory of his career to last even if his life ended so tragically and, apparently, dishonourably.

If my friend had killed his own family then I would never want to be associated with that person again.
Then perhaps you're not as close to your friends as you think you are? That's not really a dig, it'd be a pretty big thing to stand by them through, but I couldn't turn my back on someone when they needed me the most because they suffered some sort of breakdown. Now when that person is also dead, it's got to be so much harder.
There are other things you could do rather than killing your seven year old son, if a friend of mine did that then no way would I try to defend or justify their actions. It's sick and demented.
Who said anything about defending or justifying? That's not the point at all.

Everything about Chris Benoit has been removed from the homepage of WWE.com other than the murder-suicide story.

Imagine the impact this is going to have on the WWE locker room, they will all have been devestated at finding out one of their friends is dead and now these rumours have come to light they are literally going to be "WTF" backstage and everybody will be fining it hard to trust or console on another.They should probably cancel ECW and Smackdown, in fact I think this may be the first ever case where WWE should have a break from programming. I really think the situation is that severe.

As the WWE has only in the past given passed wrestlers a single memorial show i would be surprised if they changed that in this circumstance.

When Eddie passed away, both Raw and SmackDown were memorial shows.

It depends on how strongly his friends lobby for that to not happen.I agree with the poster above who said that for your very close friends or family, it doesn't matter what they've done, you'd still support them and fight for them. I hope that those who spoke so tearfully on Raw will fight for the memory of his career to last even if his life ended so tragically and, apparently, dishonourably.

If my friend had killed his own family then I would never want to be associated with that person again.
Then perhaps you're not as close to your friends as you think you are? That's not really a dig, it'd be a pretty big thing to stand by them through, but I couldn't turn my back on someone when they needed me the most because they suffered some sort of breakdown. Now when that person is also dead, it's got to be so much harder.
There are other things you could do rather than killing your seven year old son, if a friend of mine did that then no way would I try to defend or justify their actions. It's sick and demented.
Who said anything about defending or justifying? That's not the point at all.
I dont understand your point then sorry, what do you mean about sticking by them?

Can we not do the "mates r mates for life" debate in here please.

Isn't it relevant to the topic though as in what kind of impact Benoits death is going to have on the wrestlers and the company as a whole? Should WWE stick by Benoit and acknowledge his career or not?

Everything about Chris Benoit has been removed from the homepage of WWE.com other than the murder-suicide story.

What else can they do? Until the full facts are in they are going to be treading a very fine line.
I'm not saying they shouldn't have done it, I'm just bringing it to others' attention in case they haven't seen it.

Either the show must go on or WWE.com fully believe this story.Sorry i refuse to believe what has been said about his deathBut Still can people give Benoit and his family a break for a while please....

As the WWE has only in the past given passed wrestlers a single memorial show i would be surprised if they changed that in this circumstance.

I appreciate what you are saying here but things are a bit different with Benoit's. There is a large cloud hanging over this one. i think whoever stated they should take a few weeks off has got it spot on. This means they don't do anything thay may embarass them in the future, it gives the other wrestlers time to come to terms with this and lastly (and less importantly) it gives Creative the time to come up with a totally new direction.

Either the show must go on or WWE.com fully believe this story.Sorry i refuse to believe what has been said about his deathBut Still can people give Benoit and his family a break for a while please....
abosolutly, i refuse to belive this so please for time being appreicate what this guy has done on the wrestling business and how he has kept us entertained for 22 years

I appreciate what you are saying here but things are a bit different with Benoit's. There is a large cloud hanging over this one. i think whoever stated they should take a few weeks off has got it spot on. This means they don't do anything thay may embarass them in the future, it gives the other wrestlers time to come to terms with this and lastly (and less importantly) it gives Creative the time to come up with a totally new direction.
Sorry, I wasn't saying that SmackDown should be a memorial show - I think that WWE have done the right thing in planning to run a matches-only broadcast. I was just correcting the above poster.