Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Or just disturbed. Or someone who just didn't know what to do, so did nothing for a while.Someone mentioned the Woolmer case - I guess I'm still hoping that there are some extenuating circumstances or mistakes along the way.

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/26/benoit-murde...tails-revealed/

Benoit Murder Details RevealedPosted Jun 26th 2007 11:37AM by TMZ StaffTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.A police investigation is ongoing.

Sure he may have texted Chavo etc. DURING the show but look at the rest of the story. Pure sensationalism. Possibly watching the show?? How do they know this? Watching it with his son....who MAY have been alive??? It is almost like they are painting a picture of Benoit watching a WWE PPV with his dead son after killing his wife. Who wrote that article??? Edited by Finlay

thats kinda creepy,To be honest they should of just sent Kriss Sprules over to USA, he would of cracked the case within minutes I guarantee it ;)Theres some weird goingons happened and were just gona have to wait to know the full story

• Paid Members

Or just disturbed. Or someone who just didn't know what to do, so did nothing for a while.

Exactly. Think about it for a minute. Perhaps he killed his wife by accident, then realised the enormity of what he'd done, then came to the conclusion that he couldn't go on living any more after all that's happened, and decided to take his son with him. So he sits down on the sofa to spend one last night with his son, watching on the TV all those people he's known for years, all those he called colleagues and friends, texting them because he knew they'd realise something was wrong from the emotion in his voice. And when it finished, he put his son to bed, waited for him to go to sleep, smothered him, wrote the note to the rest of his family, and hanged himself.Complete hypothesis, I know, but given that it's something you could imagine any ordinary person doing, I'd say it's the closest idea.

Just saw the report on Sky Sports News on it, there's gonna be a press conference later where hopefully they'll give the details of what actually happened.

Do you know what time it's going to be at?

IF Benoit did this, surely it must have been something huge to tip someone over the edge like that. It's tragic that Benoit's wrestling legacy may be tarnished by the way his life has ended. I don't know Chris the person, none of us do, but as Chris Benoit the performer, R.I.P.What a horrible, horrible story this is. I am shocked, just totally stunned. My prayers are for the family left behind who have to deal with this huge loss.

I think that's the point that everyone is missing here, something tipped him over the edge.We've seen how much Chris Benoit loved the business, how much he loved the fans and the things he did for his colleagues. He was being used to bring rougher talent up to the levels they should be at, by going to ECW. For everyone who sees this as black and white, it really isn't. SOMETHING or SOMEONE tipped Chris Benoit over the edge, of that I'm pretty sure. Chris had a blemish free record, you didn't see him acting the way that many in the business do and he was a hard worker. I'm struggling with the idea that Chris, without provocation or reason, suddenly decided to phone it in for Vengeance and kill his family for the hell of it. You don't suddenly become a murderer overnight without some kind of trigger. There are people out there ready to damn him straight off the bat, making others feel guilty for mourning him but not me or anyone else here will know the truth of what happened in the final hours of the Benoit family. We won't know what was said between him and Nancy, or what happened to start this off. Why is it so 'moronic' as another poster put it to, to question the act as being Nancy's responsibility? The only truly innocent and most tragic part of this, is the death of Daniel who was a child caught in the middle and those family members left to pick up the pieces for the children left behind. At the risk of being frowned upon - RIP Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit.

• Paid Members

Sky Sports just had an update, pretty much saying the same strangulation/smothering/hanging allegation.Similar to people not believing the deaths until they came from more than one source, I think it's best to wait until multiple sources confirm the same thing.

Sky Sports just had an update, pretty much saying the same strangulation/smothering/hanging allegation.Similar to people not believing the deaths until they came from more than one source, I think it's best to wait until multiple sources confirm the same thing.

Agreed but unfortunately some seem more keen on finger pointing and making up stories than mourning the loss of a family, which no matter how sinister it could end up being, is still just as tragic.Frankly some of this thread worries me.

• Paid Members

From The Calgary Sun:

Members of the Hart family wrestled with the sudden, tragic death of Chris Benoit yesterday. Legendary wrestler Bret Hart had to stop and compose himself often when talking fondly of a man considered his brother and friend. "I don't know the details, and I'm not sure I even want to know," said Hart, just hours after learning of the discovery of Benoit's body -- along with those of his wife and son -- in his suburban Atlanta home. "He was like a family member to me, and everyone in my family is taking it real hard. "It's almost like reliving the whole Owen (Hart) death over again." At a young age, Benoit, an Edmonton native, became a standout among many wrestling prospects who trained in the famed 'dungeon' basement of the Hart family's home in Calgary. "Chris was always one of the good guys -- a straight guy and a hard-working guy," Hart said. "When you list off all the qualities of someone like Benoit, he had a lot of integrity and was a good, family man." "He was really respected and really loved by everybody."