Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

Vince will protect his company first before anything. That is why I'm a little surprised he isn't taking a week off at the very least and not having the ECW/Smackdown show tonight go ahead.

He has a responsibility to broadcasters to provide a certain amount of original TV, so just dropping tapings like that isn't so easy. I was suprised they did it, I can only assume no one was up to it.EDIT: Regarding the Vince memorial, before everyone get's up in arms, it's not that they've replaced Benoit, with Vince, it's just that they've rolled back to page to before the update, back to when Raw was still to be a memorial to Vince. It means very little.
Now would be a good time to dip into that extensive video library though. I'm sure they would get away with filling one episode of Smackdown as a 'Best of.....' and actually putting the best matches on it.
That wouldn't be original TV though. Nor would it do anything to the thousand who expect to attend. Remember it's not just Smackdown, it's ECW they tape on the same show.

Vince will protect his company first before anything. That is why I'm a little surprised he isn't taking a week off at the very least and not having the ECW/Smackdown show tonight go ahead.

In that whole "Company first" Thing they have TV contracts to provide certain programming which they have to abide by or risk contract termination. There's every chance a big network might want to distanceitself from the WWE right now if they gave them a reason.Unfortunately the show 'must' go on.Edit: Sorry EWWChris got their first. Edited by DJ Stevie C

They've not got any advertising or background on the Benoit Story page now.Only other reference to Benoit on WWE.com is the Draft stuff.

Sorry if this has been posted but it's hard to keep track of this thread.

TMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ prior to confirmation from the coroner's office, initial reports say that Benoit strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself in a weight room inside the family home.A police investigation is ongoing.

When i came onto the main site i saw "Benoit is dead" and thought what the fuck? Deeply shocking, and now this? Seriously this is completely different to the usual "wrestler = heart attack" stuff we normally get. For the person saying we must be morons for THINKING Benoit could do something like this, get your head out of your arse! Everything is possible in this sick world we live in.Personally i hope that isn't the case and a logical conclusion to this situation is found. Benoit is a tragic loss to the wrestling world

http://www.tmz.com/2007/06/26/benoit-murde...tails-revealed/

Benoit Murder Details RevealedPosted Jun 26th 2007 11:37AM by TMZ StaffTMZ has learned more about the deaths of WWE wrestling superstar Chris Benoit, his wife and son -- and the information is extremely disturbing.Several Atlanta-based law enforcement sources have told TMZ Benoit may have strangled his wife on Saturday, then smothered his son in his bed a day later. Investigators refuse to officially comment, pending final confirmation by the coroner on the cause and time of the deaths.One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.According to sources, Benoit then hanged himself Monday in a weight room inside the family home.A police investigation is ongoing.

This is totally fucked up I mean when wrestlers commit suicide from an overdoes, steroid abuse etc you can accept it but potentially murdering your family before killing yourself is just fucked up.I hope to god that isn

im in total shock, one of the greatest technical wrestlers ever. gone, and by the sounds of it, though his own causing. shocking, i was round my mates last night so we could get are exam results and he doesnt have sky so missed raw, so gets to college to get results and check wrestlezone, and 1st thing i see is benoit kills his family over 3 days, made me feel sick. and reading the latest rumor of him texting people while watching vengeance with his son, and his dead wife still in the house just makes me feel even more sick. people who do things like that much be very mentally ill and have personal demons. any sane person wouldnt have done what he did, and that is not me saying what he did is excuseable because its not, and the fact he killed a defeneless 7 year old really makes me mad. but dont let the actions of a insane person take away the great memories he provided us down the years.RIP Benoits

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

Good god....that is awful if thats true watching Vengeance whilst his dead wife is in the house....people did say it was going tio get bizzare.

IF Benoit did this, surely it must have been something huge to tip someone over the edge like that. It's tragic that Benoit's wrestling legacy may be tarnished by the way his life has ended. I don't know Chris the person, none of us do, but as Chris Benoit the performer, R.I.P.What a horrible, horrible story this is. I am shocked, just totally stunned. My prayers are for the family left behind who have to deal with this huge loss.

One source told TMZ that Benoit was texting friends during Sunday's WWE "Vengeance" Pay-Per-View program -- possibly watching the show with his son, who may have been alive at the time.

Good god....that is awful if thats true watching Vengeance whilst his dead wife is in the house....people did say it was going tio get bizzare.
Speculation.However if true then it's the actions of a seriously demented individual.