Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

thats actually something i have been considering - toe company does have a history or making storylines out of deceased wrestlers.. Eddie Guerero, Owen hart, Brian Pilman... all very different circumstances i know - but I am not sure how far the comapny would go.

What storylines did they involve Pillman or Owen in?Closest I can think of is when they interviewed Pillman's wife on Raw and that wasn't part of any storyline, just a ratings ploy.

I've been thinking about this all day, this will do some massive damage to the wrestling business, not from just the outside but you think how many wrestlers just starting in their careers look upto benoit has a hero. will they carry on wrestling.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone wrote a book or even made a film (not financed by the WWE) about these events. In our celebrity driven world we potentially have one who, admittedly is a little off the mainstream but is still known internationally, quite possibly could have murdered his family. When it is all over someone will make money from this situation. It is sad but also true.

Im still in complete shock, I cant believe it!I got a text late in the night which I read half asleep saying Benoit had died and I assumed itd be some "normal" cause, so to say. Did not expect in the slightest!After just watching RAW its his family, friends, and especially his 2 surviving kids the most that I feel sorry for. Nearly every Superstar who paid tribute to him talked about his family.....how could he do something like this to them???I really dont understand it, but I'll guess we'll never know the true full story. I wonder if it will be a joint funeral or seperate and whether anyone from WWE will now attend. RIP Chris, Daniel & Nancy10

I've been thinking about this all day, this will do some massive damage to the wrestling business, not from just the outside but you think how many wrestlers just starting in their careers look upto benoit has a hero. will they carry on wrestling.

No it won't. The mainstream media will ignore it. The news stations will do a quick follow-up once the autopsies and toxicology can confirm what's actually happened and that will be that. Prospective wrestlers won't give a shit. They'll either excuse him by blaming Vince or Nancy, or just remind themselves that they'll always have the rest of the honourable wrestling community to look up. I see Samoa Joe's and Bryan Danielson's stock rising...

It depends on how strongly his friends lobby for that to not happen.I agree with the poster above who said that for your very close friends or family, it doesn't matter what they've done, you'd still support them and fight for them. I hope that those who spoke so tearfully on Raw will fight for the memory of his career to last even if his life ended so tragically and, apparently, dishonourably.

If my friend had killed his own family then I would never want to be associated with that person again.
Then perhaps you're not as close to your friends as you think you are? That's not really a dig, it'd be a pretty big thing to stand by them through, but I couldn't turn my back on someone when they needed me the most because they suffered some sort of breakdown. Now when that person is also dead, it's got to be so much harder.
There are other things you could do rather than killing your seven year old son, if a friend of mine did that then no way would I try to defend or justify their actions. It's sick and demented.

Everything about Chris Benoit has been removed from the homepage of WWE.com other than the murder-suicide story.

What else can they do? Until the full facts are in they are going to be treading a very fine line.Re: KRISProdigy, I know that with my lifelong friends I'd try to judge them on all of their life, not just one awful episode. And even if I couldn't forgive, I'd try to understand. Edited by Loki