The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Louie and Bigg Taj - Commonwealth Mind Games

I've been looking for this all over the place since hearing it live in September. Finally got a link the other week and can't stop listening to it. The rest of the album is fantastic, but this song is just out of this world. If you like a bit of Scottish hop hop and/or have an interest in the "legacy" of major sporting events, it's well worth a listen.

• Paid Members

It's a great album, but I rarely give 'Music for a New Society' a listen because it's so fucking gloomy. You come out the other end feeling like he's chewed you up and spat you out. One for the Winter.

To counteract the Cale effort, here is

• Paid Members

I'm a big Dragonette fan, I think they have a new record out this year. Was that mix from one of the Kitsune comps?

Age of Love - "Age of Love" a Reactivate favourite

• Paid Members

Ha, with me it's the reverse - not really a huge fan of Midnight Juggernauts. With the second Dragonette album; at first I thought it was dreadful, but then once I accepted the fact they'd turned into a cheesy electro-pop group, it kind of grew on me. You could argue that that they've always been that; but I thought the first album had a bit more depth in any case.

• Paid Members
-got to see my favourite band of all time again on Monday night, and they did a gem from the first record. And as my mate pointed out, Alan looks more like Robert Redford every day